Topics

keyboards with an Applications key

Lenron

Hello all so I am looking for a new wireless keyboard, and I am
wondering does anyone know of a few models I could look into with the
Applications key. It's pretty sad that these seem to be so hard to
find these days. I have a Logitech here that I have had for a couple
years and it doesn't have it. For most apps this is fine but there are
just some that require the dedicated key. Thanks or any help you can
give.

--
Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I have both a logitech keyboard and a microsoft keyboard that fulfills what most of us blind folks need.  It is a wireless keyboard that has a infrared to USB connector so that I can even type lying down on my bed.  These are old model large keyboards though and with the need for smaller, more portable utilities these days, I'm not sure if these are still on sale.  Cheers!

On 11/4/2019 4:44 PM, Lenron wrote:
Hello all so I am looking for a new wireless keyboard, and I am
wondering does anyone know of a few models I could look into with the
Applications key. It's pretty sad that these seem to be so hard to
find these days. I have a Logitech here that I have had for a couple
years and it doesn't have it. For most apps this is fine but there are
just some that require the dedicated key. Thanks or any help you can
give.

Chief Lenron, spank me for sending you back to Logitech; thereafter, bring
out the wine and beer and let's have fun!

For what you're seeking, check out the Logitech MK270. It does have an
applications key between the Control and Altr keys on the right side of the
keyboard. It is typically sold with a wireless mouse combo and comes with a
USB dongle. The two AAA batteries don't seem to know how to run out. I
can't recall when I changed them last, but they do keep on going and letting
me get work done on either the computer or on My Shiny Android toys!

Oh, almost forgot; this keyboard should be plentiful on Amazon. That said,
if you can't find it, please drop me a short note privately and we'll figure
things out from there.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Lenron

Thanks a lot Olusegun I think I found it on amazon. So I am guessing
this one has the alt windows apps key and control key on the right
hand side? Amazon also has this keyboard for 19 dollars.

Chief Lenron wrote in part:

"So I am guessing this one has the alt windows apps key and control key on
the right hand side?"

The Alt and Control keys are there on the right hand side alright, but not
the extra Windows key. It has only one Windows key and that's on the left,
located between the Control and Alt Keys. But the Applications key is
definitely there on the right!

I didn't realise you also wanted the extra Windows key. It's been over a
thousand years since I played with the type of keyboard that has an extra
Windows on the right. Back when I had one, I had to be tethered to the
computer to use it. It wasn't wireless, but had a USB plug with about a
three or six-foot cord.

Ok, since I goofed, I'll just miss the beer and wine party and go bury my
face in that pillow and practise snoring for giggles!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Lenron

hahah no worries I was just asking because the model I have here has
the windows key on the right, and not the apps key. Kind of really
annoyed me when I got it. It's also a logitech and mouse combo. So I
ordered the keyboard late last night. It will be here tomorrow. I
really don't care about the size of the keyboard. Will try this one
and hope it works out. Hopefully I can get me the mechanical Logitech
keyboard I want at some point. I really hate having to use the shift
f10 command just to be able to right click.

On 11/5/19, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
<ukekearuaro@...> wrote:
Chief Lenron wrote in part:

[...]

Merv Keck

I have a USB keyboard that has an applications key but not an extra windows key on the right. I like this keyboard because it has six programmable keys on the left side of the keyboard but does not require two USB ports like many gamers keyboards. It also does not require drivers discs or applications like many gamers keyboards. It is the Corsair K55 and while not wireless and not having the extra Windows key I do not regret buying it.
Merv

<ukekearuaro@...> wrote:
Chief Lenron wrote in part:

[...]

Chief Lenron, Yes, I hate using the Shift-F10 keystroke as the Applications
key. I still have sitting on my desk a Logitech keyboard that I grabbed
eons back. It didn't come with an Applications key. What then attracted me
to this keyboard? Selfishness without a doubt! It is a solar-powered
keyboard meaning that it can be charged from any source of light. Now I
don't have to worry about batteries! It also came with a mouse combo and a
USB dongle. It doesn't even have a Windows key on the right side of the
divide.

Yikes, thinking I was being prudent, I wound up shortchanging myself big
time.

So, I took a trip to Microcenter, stumbled upon the MK270, stole three: One
at home, two at my store, the second one is a backup keyboard just in case I
can't find this make and model anymore on any shelf.

Now I can put on a few rags and head out for the wine and beer party, should
be fun. I'm sure you'd like the keyboard. One more thing: It does have
eight media keys above the F1-F12 keys. It also has a recessed button to
the far-right that serves as an on/off button. You'd need your fingernails
for this methinks. I have left it turned on for eternity and I have never
experienced any problems and, as I said, the two AAA batteries don't know
when to quit, they just enjoy work.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Lenron

Hmm now that you mentioned having back ups I am wondering if I should
have sprung for an extra just encase. Merv I am also adding this
Corsair K55 to my wish list as well.

<ukekearuaro@...> wrote:
[...]

Billy Inglis

hi guys, Late to this thread, but I'm looking for a full sized wireless keyboard with a numeric keypad.

On 06/11/2019 05:13, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
[...]

James Bentley

How much does this cost?

Do you have a link?

Cheers,

James B

[...]

Mr. Bentley asked:

"How much does this cost?"

I do not understand your question sir. What cost are you referring to?
Additional info might help me answer your question a tad better. Much
thanks!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Billy wrote:

"Late to this thread, but I'm looking for a full sized wireless keyboard
with a numeric keypad."

Well sir, head over to amazon.co.uk and see if you can grab the same
keyboard I recommended to Chief Lenron! It is the Logitech MK270; it's
typically sold in the U.S. with a wireless mouse combo, comes with a USB
dongle for the wireless connection, and uses two AAA batteries!

I've done a number of crazy experiments with this keyboard; sitting in my
kitchen wearing a wireless headset, I was able to get work done; of course,
my toy was three rooms behind where I sat. These two AAA batteries don't
like going on strike; they just keep on working and I've been using this
keyboard for longer than I can recall.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

James Bentley

Wake up my friend.  I was referring to the keyboard that you was saying is so incredible.

😊

James B

I do not understand your question sir.  What cost are you referring to?

Additional info might help me answer your question a tad better.  Much

thanks!

Sincerely,

Olusegun

Denver, Colorado

Monte Single

I think that would be the Logitech mk270.

Wake up my friend.  I was referring to the keyboard that you was saying is so incredible.

😊

James B

I do not understand your question sir.  What cost are you referring to?

Additional info might help me answer your question a tad better.  Much

thanks!

Sincerely,

Olusegun

Denver, Colorado

Donald L. Roberts

Get the Logitec K780.  It works both for IOS and Windows.  Built like a brick out house.  It weighs a ton, but I love it.

Don Roberts

.