Topics

laptop question

Madison Martin

Hi all,
I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,
which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be
happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My
laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!
Madison

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

A few things you can look at are:

Make sure that the computer doesn’t have anything blocking the vents such as table cloths etc…

You can also check for driver and bio updates with the Lenovo vintage app that should be already installed on your computer.

There is also some performance settings you can adjust in this app that might help.

You can download C  Cleaner to do a clean up of the machine and also to turn off programs that start up automatically.

You can use task manager under the performance tab to see which program is using up the CPU resources the most.

Hopefully this helps.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Madison Martin

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

C Cleaner has a free version as well, it will just not update automatically or run cleans automatically. You will have to run them manually. You may need to enable the tabs by clicking the button more details. In the performance tab you will see CPU button and memory button. You can see the values by pressing enter, if the percentages are high then go back to the processes tab and see which process is using up CPU resources.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Gene

CCleaner won't solve the problem. It is a program that is mainly intended to remove temporary files and you can remove things like cookies;. It does have a registry cleaner but most problems aren't related to the registry, regardless of the misinformation you see all over the Internet and its better not to clean the registry unlessw you have a problem you can't solve in other ways and it seems the registry may be in some way a possible cause of the problem.
https://askleo.com/best-registry-cleaner/

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Gene

If you use the program in that way, it may be useful. I thought it was being advocated to be run to remove temporary files and clean the registry whifch, I shouldn't say won't help, as I said before, but which I think is so unlikely to help that I would consider it very unlikely.

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Madison Martin

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Madison Martin

Don't worry; I'm not at all interested in doing anything to the registry, all I want to do is a cleaning.

[...]

You can get it from here:

https://www.ccleaner.com/

if you use the letter b for buttons you will find the free or download button.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Madison Martin

Okay, doing this won’t effect Jaws or MS Office right? Also, if it doesn’t do cleanings/updates automatically then how will I know when they need done?

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Monte Single

Hi Madison,

Why do you need to run c cleaner and such programs.

I have had computers since the last milenniium and have not run such a program.

You have the ms suite of applications on your win 10 machine.

Why would you need more.

I have not used any third party maintenance applications on my  windows machines in many many years.

Sometimes adding extra apps to the recipe just  leads to confusion and difficulties.

If there were a specific reason to use c cleaner,  then I would consider it.

Cheers,

Monte

Okay, doing this won’t effect Jaws or MS Office right? Also, if it doesn’t do cleanings/updates automatically then how will I know when they need done?

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Madison Martin

I just thought that it’d be a good way to get rid of unnecessary stuff that’s likely on my computer.

Okay, doing this won’t effect Jaws or MS Office right? Also, if it doesn’t do cleanings/updates automatically then how will I know when they need done?

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

No it will not affect jaws or office. Before I got the paid version I use to run it at least once a month.

[...]

Okay, how much is the paid version?

Okay, doing this won’t effect Jaws or MS Office right? Also, if it doesn’t do cleanings/updates automatically then how will I know when they need done?

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

Looking at the site it says for cCleaner by itself it is $24.95, I got the bundle but do not recall for how much. Not sure if this is a yearly fee or one time payment.

[...]

So what exactly does c-cleaner get rid of? I know it cleans up your system, but I’m curious to know what all it gets rid of.

Okay, doing this won’t effect Jaws or MS Office right? Also, if it doesn’t do cleanings/updates automatically then how will I know when they need done?

Where do I get the free version of c-cleaner? Will doing it effect Jaws or MS Office?

Do I have to pay for c-cleaner? Also, do I have to pay for it? It said that my system is up-to-date. I found task manager, but can’t find the performance tab…

I've had this laptop since March, and I notice that the fan seems to run a lot,

which I assume means that the laptop gets overheated, any idea why this might be

happening? I'm running Windows 10 2004, the latest Jaws 2021, and office 365. My

laptop is a Lenovo think book 13s 20r9005vus

Look forward to any thoughts or help anyone can provide!!!

Madison

Mich Verrier

C cleaner gets rid of old webpages, cashed files, and bits of programs that you have un installd and stuff like that. if you are cleening your system it is bes to check everything except the last bit where it talks bout free space. Also if there is going to be a problem getting rid of something when checking the box jaws will let you know by bringing up a diologe for instince if you check passwords witch btw I wouldn’t check that box since you want to keep your passwords jaws would let you know by bringing something up asking if you were shere you wanted to do this and what it would do.hth. from Mich.

[...]

Okay, good to know, thanks Mitch!!!!! I assume it’s accessible?