Topics

latest firefox issues

Adrien

Hi

I am using the latest version of windows 10 pro, latest firefox and latest nvda. When I am using firefox, the speech keeps hanging up, it all freezes, not sure what is causing it, it could be an add-on, how do I find the list of add-ons in the latest firefox please? I click on add-on manager, it just takes me to the web page for add-ons. Nvda seems to work ok with other applications.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group: send message to
best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io
facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter
@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06

Gene

I would suggest using Chrome or perhaps a Chrome-based browser instead as your main browser.  I tried the latest Firefox and it appears to be more easily bogged down by web pages that might slow your system down.  I'm only basing this on one web page, I didn't try the browser on much else, but it is a page I use a lot.  At times, it does something that slows down browsers, maybe it reloads the page quickly and repeatedly, I don't know. The new Firefox has problems on the page.  it slows down and looses its place, taking me a number of lines up the page or staying on the same line when I issue the move by heading command.  Chrome isn't bothered at all on the page and I suspect its performance is better on enough web pages to matter to a lot of users.  But people can test and draw their own conclusions.  This is based on one page and what I suspect so it is a guess rather than a conclusion.

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2019 4:58 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] latest firefox issues

Hi

I am using the latest version of windows 10 pro, latest firefox and latest nvda. When I am using firefox, the speech keeps hanging up, it all freezes, not sure what is causing it, it could be an add-on, how do I find the list of add-ons in the latest firefox please? I click on add-on manager, it just takes me to the web page for add-ons. Nvda seems to work ok with other applications.

Regards

Adrien G0mun

I run a group on groups.io, to join the group: send message to
best-circle-of-friends+subscribe@groups.io
facebook page at bestcircleoffriends, just do a search for it.

twitter
@AdrienCollins12

Skype with me on adriencollins06