Topics

learning zoom

heather albright

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hi,
I have to use zoom for my classes. However, they use canvas which has a phone app. I do zoom on my phone and also login with my computer so that I have access to the chat with it--I just feel I have more control over things with them separate. I just talked with my teachers before hand so they knew what I was doing to let me in during class times with both names.

Melissa

On Apr 3, 2021, at 10:54 AM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

it doesn't matter wich browser you use. If all you want to do is participate and not host meetings, you don't need an account. You don't need to know much. You would download and install the Zoom application and you can do so directly from the Zoom site. It is an application, not an app. I don't know if there is a Windows 10 app but my impression is that those who use computers use the zoom application.

Once the app is installed, you can enter a meeting by using the link provided in the invitation message. You could launch Zoom by itself and put in the information but if the link is properly formed, just following the link will provide Zoom with all the information needed.

Once you download and install the app, people can send you common short cuts you may well want to use. I won't do so in this message.

I'm not sure which country you are in. it appears to me that there are different Zoom pages for different countries. I don't know if it matters for downloading an English version of the program, but I won't provide a link now.

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

You don't need a camera. I don't know if you will get any message about not having one but if you do you can respond and just use audio. When I enter a Zoom meeting, there is a specific choice to use audio. Video isn't started at that time.

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

heather albright

Okay, they send me the link for the class meeting and it opens in brave but, I never downloaded the zoom utility, so is it using the zoom from the breave browser? I have both jaws 21 and NVDA latest, wich is best to use in zoom? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking

a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who

can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app

threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the

brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not

have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

Yeah its a it’s a program so no matter which version of Windows you use it'll just work.
Zoom is very consumer friendly and easy which is why its popularity has exploded.
John

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking
a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who
can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app
threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the
brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not
have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

No, when you open it you’ll need to download zoom first before you can get into your class.

John

Gene

Any browser you use opens the Zoom Application which must be installed. There is no Zoom in the Brave Browser.

Okay, they send me the link for the class meeting and it opens in brave but, I never downloaded the zoom utility, so is it using the zoom from the breave browser? I have both jaws 21 and NVDA latest, wich is best to use in zoom? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hello, I know how to use zoom off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking

a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who

can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app

threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the

brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not

have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

heather albright

Okay, is it the zoom rooms app from the Microsoft store? They had like three different zoom apps. Thanks  Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

No, when you open it you’ll need to download zoom first before you can get into your class.

John

chris judge

Hi Heather.

Since you’ve been using zoom off your iPhone I’m assuming you already have an account?

Go to the zoom web site:

www.zoom.us

Sign in with your email and password. You’ll next want to download the zoom meetings client and install it. You should then be able to follow a zoom link in an email to join a meeting. It’s a good idea to go through your audio settings to make sure it’s set to automatically connect to audio when you join the meeting. You won’t need a camera unless you want meeting participants to see you.

Jaws has better support for zoom than NVDA does if using jaws 2020 or 2021, There is also a training webinar on the freedom scientific web site that should give you all you need. Link is below.

using zoom with jaws

I hope this helps. Please feel to reach out should you have other questions.

Cheers.

Chris.

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I never really got the hang of the program… So I always choose launch from browser. It will ask me for permission to turn on microphone or camera, but I tell it no. I only use it for the chat in the first place since camera and microphone go through my phone using zoom.

Melissa

On Apr 3, 2021, at 11:29 AM, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:

Okay, they send me the link for the class meeting and it opens in brave but, I never downloaded the zoom utility, so is it using the zoom from the breave browser? I have both jaws 21 and NVDA latest, wich is best to use in zoom? Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hello, I know how to use zoom  off my i-devices but, I am going to be taking

a class that requires me to use zoom off my computer. So is there anyone who

can show me how to use zoom off the pc? Do I need to download zoom as an app

threw the windows store; is it better to use jaws or NVDA; I want to use the

brave browser like I have been using. Do I need a camera I currently do not

have a camera access off my pc. I have a headset wired or Bluetooth.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

heather albright

Oh, thank you for the info! I will follow the sugestions. I have been using the zoom app off the iPhone and I did not have a zoom account. But, I will create one today. Cheers Heather