Subject: Re: [ ] Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 21:35:19 -0800
From: Mike B <mb69mach1@...>
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi Troy,
Yes, the K-380 does have an on / off switch. With the keyboard positioned correctly in front of you, on the left edge / side, in the upper left side corner is a switch that slides forward / backward. With the switch closest to you the keyboard is off, and pushing / sliding the switch away from you turns in on.
From:
Richard Turner
I believe it is much like the k480 but uses f1 f2 and f3 for the select each device you pair with.
The left of the spacebar starting all the way to the left should be control, function, options, then command.
Spacebar right, should be command, options, then the arrow keys I think.
If you do control-options-k you can turn on keyboard help on your iDevice and you should be able to confirm what most of them are
Most of the f-keys do little or nothing with iOS.
ON mine, f5 seems to invoke search. f6 rewind, f7 pause or play, f8 forward.
One or other of the ones after f9 seem to be a home button. The final key on the right on that row, says Delete, but does nothing. The one below delete
that is twice as big as the delete key is backspace. The one below backspace, before return is Back Slash.
Note from MikeB.: My K380 does not have a Back Space key.
Again, this is my K480.

HTH,
Richard

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

I asked for suggestions for a new bluetooth keyboard a week or 2 ago,
and I can't remember who it was but somebody suggested the Logitech K380
keyboard. I received that keyboard today and got it paired to my phone
which is what I'll be using it with the most, but the print in the
manual that came with it is very small so it's hard for my mom to see it
so I'd like some help regarding key position etc, as well as knowing if
there's an on/off switch as I haven't found one.

Also, I've had a bluetooth keyboard before but unless the commands are
the same no matter what brand of keyboard it is I'd like to know where I
can find a list of commands. I googled Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard
manual and didn't find much.

Thanks.

Troy

Janet

Hi Margaret and Mike,

Margaret, I have a LogitechK480 Bluetooth Keyboard myself, in which I think is very similar to the Logitech380.  When I first bought mine, I asked the sales person in the store how can I pair this keyboard to my XR iPhone, well needless to say after he told me I would need to enter a code in which consisted a few numbers, I knew that wasn’t going to work for me as I am a total, and had no sighted assistance at home.  Ok now, I had to think fast!  So, I had the sales person at the store to remove the keyboard from the box, and pair the keyboard to my phone, and he put it back in the box, and I then paid for it!  I mention this to you just for future references, because some times it is just to difficult trying to pair all these devices, when we are blind, so just keep that in mind for the next time you might want to buy some Technology at the store, as I do this most of the time, and that is the only reason I go to the store to buy any of my Technology.  When I got home, I did exactly what Mike B is telling you to do to connect the keyboard to your phone, and it works!

Janet

[...]

Although I love Logitech toys, it's bluetooth toys' offerings have not
really gotten me TOSSING AND TURNING in my bed. Whereas this shouldn't be
the case for me as a tinkerer, I confess to FALLING FLAT on that front.

I walk away from bluetooth toys that FORCE ME to have to TYPE IN A PARING
CODE before they go to work. All my bluetooth toys JUST FIND AN
OUTSTRETCHED HAND, SHAKE IT, and, in about 10-15 seconds, we're in business.

I log around the likes of iClever, Plugable, and Anker's LifeQ bluetooth
toys for this reason.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

HI, I AM ANDROID, THE THINKING PERSON'S OS!!

Margaret Thomas

Janet and Mike B,

Thank you both. I'll give the alternate to the F1 etc. keys a try.

Janet, may I ask how easily it went getting the sales person at the store to pair the K480 right there for you? I'm asking since I like to buy locally when possible, but what I think of a bit of a Golden Rule at stores that a happy customer is good for business and is much more likely to return and may even recommend the store to others than an unhappy one seems to have fallen out of fashion and it is sometimes hard to find a sales person willing to go the extra mile for a sale. A case in point is that a friend wanted to give me a computer chair for my birthday and knew I wanted one without arms. Staples is the only office supply store in my area and she figured an arm less computer chair isn't such an unusual item to have in stock. She said they had something like 20 office chairs but none without arms. The sales person said they don't sell arm less office chairs and made no offer to go online to Staples' site. It took me a very short time to find a whole buch of arm less office chairs in a wide variety of colors and styles online at the Staples site. I got my chair, but when I knew I wanted the K380 that salesperson's laziness effected my opinion of Staples and I didn't bother trying to see if the store had any in stock.

I'll keep your success in getting your problem solved in mind for the future. There are folks willing to go the extra mile. That was good quick thinking!

Margaret

On 12/4/2022 4:51 PM, Janet wrote:
[...]

Well, I like to go locally too, because I need to feel the device rather it be a button or a plug or a outlet on the device. I have the sales person to show me a display, so they can show me the power button or where the plug goes in, or how to run the device, and if they don't have a opened display, I ask them if I can speak to their manager. I figure like this, when sighted people go to the store, they can see what they are buying even if they are looking at the picture, but I can't, and I really don't think I am asking for a whole lot. As a blind person, I see by feeling, besides, I am a paying customer. Most of the time the sales person has no problem with opening a box, but they might ask me if I am going to buy this, and I tell them yes, if you show me where a button is etc, and I tell them I need you to show me a button or where to plug in a plug or other buttons, and they show me what I ask them to show me, the sales person puts the item back in the box, and I pay for it. Now, there have been a few times when a sales person might be a little reluctant to remove a device out of a box, I then ask them to go get their manager, and I tell the manager the same thing I am surprised you don't have this item on a open display. The manager tells the sales person to show me what I want to see on the device. The manager usually then tells the sales person to just leave the item on the shelf for a display, and the sales person will give me the box that hasn't been opened. I am fine with that because now they have the device on display for someone else to see it. I've done this several times, but if I am pretty sure I want to buy the item. There has been just a couple of times I found I didn't want the device wasn't what I thought it was, and the sales person just puts it back on the shelf to leave it on display. I don't always have sighted help, so I have to do what I have to do as a blind person. I remember I took my Bose stereo to Best Buy, and I told them I needed some kind of cable to connect this Bose stereo to my phone through Bluetooth, they got the cable for me, and then I told them now I need you to connect the cable from the back of the stereo, and they did. I then paid for it, and came home and plugged in my Bose, and it was fine! I did the same thing when I bought my Bose portable speaker, I had the sales person to remove the speaker out of the box, and connect it to Bluetooth on my phone, and I came home and turned on my phone, and pushed the button on the speaker, and it has been fine ever since!

Janet

I asked for suggestions for a new bluetooth keyboard a week or 2 ago,
and I can't remember who it was but somebody suggested the Logitech
K380 keyboard. I received that keyboard today and got it paired to my
phone which is what I'll be using it with the most, but the print in
the manual that came with it is very small so it's hard for my mom to
see it so I'd like some help regarding key position etc, as well as
knowing if there's an on/off switch as I haven't found one.

Also, I've had a bluetooth keyboard before but unless the commands are
the same no matter what brand of keyboard it is I'd like to know where
I can find a list of commands. I googled Logitech K380 bluetooth
keyboard manual and didn't find much.

Thanks.

Troy

Margaret Thomas

I don't think my reply made it to the list, so will try again. I apologize if I just missed it.

[...]

I did reply to your message yesterday, but matter of fact, I haven't seen it on the list, even though, it is in my sent item folder. I will forward it to the list again. I will watch to se if it makes it to the list this time! Smile!

Janet