From: Monte Single
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 10:48 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] logitech mk 270 keyboard

Hello keyboard commandos,

Is the Logitech mk 270 keyboard a plug and play item or is there software  to be installed to make the media keys work?

Thanks,

Monte

Colonel Monte, the MK270 is Plug-&-Play and forget! In other words, leave
the dongle alone and it'll always be good to go. Of course, you can move
the dongle from one toy to another if desired. And now, don't pound it too
hard like I do, <hahaha!!>

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Monte Single

GeneralissimoOlusegunsio,

I really don't need a new keyboard, but getting rid of a few wires and
getting the media keys has just about twisted my arm.
I'll buy one the next time I have a little mad money

Tap on!!

Colonel Monte, the MK270 is Plug-&-Play and forget! In other words, leave
the dongle alone and it'll always be good to go. Of course, you can move
the dongle from one toy to another if desired. And now, don't pound it too
hard like I do, <hahaha!!>

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Loy

Just bought my second one and I love it.

Colonel Monte, the MK270 is Plug-&-Play and forget! In other words, leave
the dongle alone and it'll always be good to go. Of course, you can move
the dongle from one toy to another if desired. And now, don't pound it too
hard like I do, <hahaha!!>

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Marie

Does this keyboard have the beloved applications key? I absolutely refuse to have another keyboard which does not have that key. I use it multiple times every day and hate the shift/F10 alternative. If I have to buy a dozen keyboards with it, I will get them and hoard them for future since so many newer ones don't have it. I may take a look at some Microsoft keyboards, as they normally still have my dear applications key. Kudos to Microsoft!!!Lol!

I also prefer the USB dongle wireless by far over any BT keyboard I have tried.

Marie

On 8/1/2020 4:38 PM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Colonel Monte, the MK270 is Plug-&-Play and forget! In other words, leave
the dongle alone and it'll always be good to go. Of course, you can move
the dongle from one toy to another if desired. And now, don't pound it too
hard like I do, <hahaha!!>

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Loy

Yes it does, the only key that is missing is the right windows key.

[...]

Thanks, I am so used to the Windows key on the left, that does not concern me. If I don't find one I like better on Microsoft, this will be a definite purchase.

Marie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@...>
[...]

Howard Traxler

What is this about a USB dongle?  How does it relate to a keyboard and what does it do?  Thanks.
Howard

On 8/2/2020 9:31 AM, Marie wrote:
[...]

Kay Malmquist

It's a wireless keyboard and you just plug the dongle in to your machine and
the keyboard connects to the dongle, thereby connecting to your computer.

Kay Malmquist
kay.malmquist@...

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
- Lao Tzu