Topics

longevity of braille printers?

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

I just bought a new viewPlus compatible braille buddy embosser as you may know… My question is: how many years can I expect it to last? And how do I set the correct paper size for embossing on those junkmail postcard-type flyers I get in the mail? Or will I need one of those plastic braille rulers from APH to measure paper sizes before embossing?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Monte Single

That’s a pretty big question.

If the printer is being used for personal use, it could last for many many years.

As with all electronics,  keep it cool, dry and dust free.

I worked for a school board and one of it’s embossers, a  single sided versapoint, purchased in 1991  was still working in 2011 when I left that department.

It was a lightly used umbosser.

Others will have greater experience.

I just bought a new viewPlus compatible braille buddy embosser as you may know… My question is: how many years can I expect it to last? And how do I set the correct paper size for embossing on those junkmail postcard-type flyers I get in the mail? Or will I need one of those plastic braille rulers from APH to measure paper sizes before embossing?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Donald L. Roberts

Josh and other interested persons,

My Juliet Classic purchased in 1994 is still going strong.  The funny thing is that I purchased it used for $1500 1994 dollars.  It is so old that I have to use it with a USB to parallel adapter.

Don Roberts

On 1/16/2021 8:11 AM, Monte Single wrote:

That’s a pretty big question.

If the printer is being used for personal use, it could last for many many years.

As with all electronics,  keep it cool, dry and dust free.

I worked for a school board and one of it’s embossers, a  single sided versapoint, purchased in 1991  was still working in 2011 when I left that department.

It was a lightly used umbosser.

Others will have greater experience.

I just bought a new viewPlus compatible braille buddy embosser as you may know… My question is: how many years can I expect it to last? And how do I set the correct paper size for embossing on those junkmail postcard-type flyers I get in the mail? Or will I need one of those plastic braille rulers from APH to measure paper sizes before embossing?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ron Canazzi

Hi Jack,
I did a search on your product and I find it is quite expensive. This is from the manufacturer.  Might I ask what you paid for your unit and where you obtained it.

Thanks in advance.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Monte Single

The u s b to parallel adapter has extended the life  of many devices.

Not just braille embossers.  And as matrha says, that’s a good thing.