Topics

looking for a good wireless router/modem isn't in thesame room

heather albright

Ah I see, did you get an external wireless card? Maybe your internal card is going bad if it is warn out!

I had mom get a net gear card and her laptop is still going  strong especially with the router. But still going to replace the modem when I find one. It is like the modem cant handle the data very well while the router is flying high with no drops. Cheers Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] looking for a good wireless router/modem isn't in thesame room

Oh no unfortunately it's the router. Everything seems to work everywhere else in the house, but my computer keeps saying off-line and the plug is looking pretty worn out.

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:24 PM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] looking for a good wireless router/modem isn't in the sameroom

I purcheased a erro mesh router. It works great for my needs. Sure it is not the modem? A router is only is good as the modem it has to connect too! My erro mesh has to points so I have internet all threw the house! I found outthe modem I was using was the issue and we all know spectrum really sucks. So now I am in the market for a modem that works with spectrum

My router uses an app off my iPhone and it sends weekly reports directly to the phone. Cheers Heather .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 4:11 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] looking for a good wireless router/modem isn't in the sameroom

My Linxys has bit the dust and I wondered what you'd recommend for my new adapter. The modem is in another room, and the Linxys eventually found it but the internet was kind of shaky so I'd like a better one. Might there be a more top-of-the-line Linxys, or have you found another brand to be better? Thanks.

Joanne