Topics

micro sd cards with adapters

E.M. Kirtley

I would like to know if it is possible to remove the card from the adapter? I know how to put it together. Just wondered if it would snap out, if need be. I would rather ask rather than try and possible break it.

Cordially, Ms. Kirtley

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

If you're talking your typical microSD to full-sized SD card adapter, the microSD card simply slides in/out of the adapter on any I've ever dealt with.  I use my fingernail to catch the edge of the microSD card on the side of the adapter with the cut out and slide it out.

Now, one word of caution, some slide gracefully while others stick and suddenly come flying out, often flying across the room into some dark corner if you're not careful.  If you do this sitting down and with the adapter positioned such that the microSD card will hit your stomach if you have a "flyer" you're generally better off.  If it's a graceful slider it won't matter.

Monte Single

Hi M S Kirtley,

To remove the micro sd card from its adapter,
Let the card sit flat with the notched edbe facing down,
At the top front of the card you will feel a little lip,
Using your fingernail, slide the micro s d card, from the adapter.
Careful, don't drop it as it is small and could be hard to find, especially
it it drops onto a thick carpet.

I would like to know if it is possible to remove the card from the adapter?

I know how to put it together. Just wondered if it would snap out, if need
be. I would rather ask rather than try and possible break it.

Cordially, Ms. Kirtley

Pamela Dominguez

Sure. You just find the raised edge of the card with your fingernail, and pull it out. It's raised so you can pull the card out. Pam.