Topics

Microsoft Edge browser

Jerry hathaway

I am trying to find out how to make Microsoft Edge browser the default browser.

Jerry

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 07:07 PM, Jerry hathaway wrote:
I am trying to find out how to make Microsoft Edge browser the default browser.
-
Presuming you're talking under Windows 10, the same way you make any other browser on your system the default browser:

1. Open Settings.
2. Open Apps.
3. Choose Default Apps in the Apps Pane.
4. Navigate to the Web Browser entry, which is a button, and that button will show whatever happens to be your current default web browser.  Activate it.
5. From the list of installed web browsers presented, choose Edge  (or, generically, whichever one in the list you want as your default web browser)
6. Close Settings.