Topics

Microsoft Word

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

Can I buy just Microsoft word without buying the whole suite of products that are in ms office, and if so where do I go to get it and is there any version of Word that works better with jaws than others?

Thanks.

Troy

Abbie Taylor

Yes, you can buy a stand-alone version of Word for $140 from the Microsoft store. If you have trouble, call the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk. That's what I ended up doing, and they were helpful.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Monte Single

Hi List,

I purchased the full  micro soft office suite from amazon for about 30 bucks.

It was micro soft office 2016 pro.

It is legal.

I got the micro soft accessibility help  desk to help me install and register it.

Spending  over a hundred dollars for 1 piece of the office suite is  like throwing money away.

Yes, you can buy a stand-alone version of Word for $140 from the Microsoft store. If you have trouble, call the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk. That's what I ended up doing, and they were helpful.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

John Holcomb II

Wow I spend $100 a year for 5 licenses of office 365.

John

Yes, you can buy a stand-alone version of Word for $140 from the Microsoft store. If you have trouble, call the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk. That's what I ended up doing, and they were helpful.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Paul Mugambi

looking forward for the session, am a beginer.

abbietaylor945@gmail.com <mailto:abbietaylor945@gmail.com>

--
"You are a piece of the puzzle of someone else's life. You may never
know where you fit, but others will fill the holes in their lives with

-- Bonnie Arbon
“I pay respect to past, present and future leaders.
www.mugambipaul.com

Colonel Monte wrote in part:

"I purchased the full micro soft office suite from amazon for about 30
bucks."

That's why I love hanging out with you at the garrison; why do I need a
monthly or an annual subscription when I can grab the software and install
it on my toy? I have the silly suite running on My Shiny Android toys for
zero pennies. Of course, I'm willing to pay to purchase a copy for my
computer toys whilst I still have them, but I DO NOT wish to pay $100
especially since I'd only wind up using one or two programs contained in the
suite.

Anyhow, I'm a crazy, nonconformist child and my rules should only apply to
me and my two left legs!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Troy, I'm sure if you type Microsoft Word into a search engine, it will push
to you more sites than you can shake a stick at where you can grab a copy of
this and that. For a start, amazon.com is your friend; newegg.com will be
glad you came home to shop as well.

If push comes to shove, how about a trip to either Bestbuy or Microcenter?
I'm sure they'll be glad to hook you up. Oh, don't forget TigerDirect.com,
I think they're still alive!

Alternately, have a college student help you grab a copy from their school's
bookstore. They can get it dirt cheap too!

I believe you can buy just Word by itself; however, what happens down the
line if you need Outlook for E-mail and such? Then you'll go grab Outlook?
Hmm, I'd strongly suggest you buy the suite that includes Outlook and
PowerPoint, and just play ball with whichever one you love to use on a
regular basis.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Monte Single

Note, read the description before you purchase m s office on line or at a
store.
Some versions come on a cd/dvd while others are just the key code for
the product.
The one that comes on a cd/dvd is always more expensive than the one where
you just purchase the key code, and then download the actual software from
the micro soft store.

If you want to get m s outlook when you purchase a copy of ms office, make
sure you get the one that includes outlook, I think the student edition
does not include outlook.

[...]

Hi Olusegun,

I can appreciate someone phing a hundred bucks for ms office when it
comes with a 5 person licence, butt when it is for a single user, it's
just a waste of money.
Of course, there are people who have money to waste, that's good.
...and then there are those who really don't have the money to waste but
think they need to spend a couple hundred when they can really get what
they need for 20 or 30 bucks.
I am using Office 2016my google assistant just told me that micro soft will
provide security updates for it till October of2025.

"I purchased the full micro soft office suite from amazon for about 30
bucks."

That's why I love hanging out with you at the garrison; why do I need a
monthly or an annual subscription when I can grab the software and install
it on my toy? I have the silly suite running on My Shiny Android toys for
zero pennies. Of course, I'm willing to pay to purchase a copy for my
computer toys whilst I still have them, but I DO NOT wish to pay $100
especially since I'd only wind up using one or two programs contained in the
suite.

Anyhow, I'm a crazy, nonconformist child and my rules should only apply to
me and my two left legs!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Well, Colonel Monte, yours Unfaithfully is still running Office Ultimate
2007! Micro$ tells me it has expired, but it still GETS THE JOB DONE RIGHT
for me; the best and greatest, in my experience, does have a habit of
breaking what used to work.

Right now, for Samsung toy devotees, ever since the toys got Android11
update, the screen reader bundled with the update has screwed up
interactions with icons on an otherwise good toy. The fiasco is on to have
Samsung rewrite the wrong, but is the conglomerate listening? We'll see
with a March Security Update.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado