From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Walter Ramage
via groups.io
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2020 4:33 PM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Mobile phones and pacemakers

Hi all. It looks like I will need a pacemaker installed and
I think this will be sometime at the beginning of the new
year.

I was wondering just what influence a mobile phone would
have on the pacemaker's function. I have read some stuff
but it looks like what I read was rather old stuff but it
spoke of not using the phone on the left side but on the
right but it implied that more modern phones won't have any
effect on pacemakers. If you have experience of this I
would be interested in your comments.

If there is a clash between phones and pacemakers then is
there a phone that has less impact than others, I don't know
if there is a difference between O.S. or brand names. I'm
sure the medics will inform me of anything I should know at
the time but I won't see my consultant for around 12 weeks
and I'd just like a little info before then. Comments
welcome, thank you. Walter.

=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Virus-free. www.avast.com
=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 04:33 PM, Walter Ramage wrote:
If you have experience of this I would be interested in your comments.
-
You need to talk to your doctor about the specifics of the pacemaker that he or she intends to implant.  Even though I doubt there is any reason for concern whatsoever, this is something that should be specifically confirmed for a specific device.  Generalities will not be enough.