From: Carlos [mailto:carlos1106@nyc.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, September 4, 2015 2:05 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Directed messages

And as I'm discovering the bane of a list owner's existence as well LOL.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 9:32 pm

I agree that you should start with a new message/subject if the topic
is completely unrelated to the original one, but I believe that
modifying the
subject with a reference to the original topic is acceptable if it is
at least related.
From: Carlos <carlos1106@nyc.rr.com>
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Date: Friday, 4 September 2015 8:19 pm

I agree with this and I would also like to emphasize keeping
subject lines consistent in general. I.E. If you would like to
begin a
different
discussion, simply start with a new message. Or if what you have
say
is at least related to the thread to which you are responding, but
may significantly side track the conversation, at least change the
subject
reflect this. I will have to work to follow this rule myself
since I have not always been careful enough in this respect.