MS Word Skipping Pages

Samuel Wilkins

Hello all, I’m having a problem with Microsoft Word skipping pages.  I can either arrow down and get odd or even pages, but can’t view both.  This is really difficult when selecting between two pages, as when I’m using Shift down arrow, it skips from page one to page three, or from page two to page four.  Is there a way I can stop this happening?  Thank you.

Mike B

Try going to the View ribbon and choosing 1 page to be displayed.
The key sequence is Alt+W, followed by number row 1.
In addition to others suggestions make sure that “Reading Pane” is not checked under the “View” setting on your Word ribbon.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 5:17 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] MS Word Skipping Pages

Hello all, I’m having a problem with Microsoft Word skipping pages.  I can either arrow down and get odd or even pages, but can’t view both.  This is really difficult when selecting between two pages, as when I’m using Shift down arrow, it skips from page one to page three, or from page two to page four.  Is there a way I can stop this happening?  Thank you.

"Marvin Atkins"

I experienced this recently. I was editing a document and it was skipping pages. I remember when editing, one should put the document in draft mode. So, I hit F6 twice and hear status bar, tab until I hear draft, press spacebar to check it, F6 twice more and hear document pane to get back into the document, then I hit escape. I am using Outlook 2010.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Samuel Wilkins
Sent: April 26, 2021 8:18 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Samuel Wilkins

I tried finding draft mode, but it wasn’t an option in the status bar.  I’m using the latest Microsoft word. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of "Marvin Atkins"
Sent: 26 April 2021 15:07
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] MS Word Skipping Pages

I experienced this recently. I was editing a document and it was skipping pages. I remember when editing, one should put the document in draft mode. So, I hit F6 twice and hear status bar, tab until I hear draft, press spacebar to check it, F6 twice more and hear document pane to get back into the document, then I hit escape. I am using Outlook 2010.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Samuel Wilkins

"Marvin Atkins"

You should also be able to find draft view in the view portion of the ribbons. Just go to view and tab to see if draft mode is there, if it is, hit spacebar to check it and hit enter.

Sent: April 27, 2021 4:48 AM

I tried finding draft mode, but it wasn’t an option in the status bar.  I’m using the latest Microsoft word. 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of "Marvin Atkins"
Sent: 26 April 2021 15:07