From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] multiextra

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

Don't assume and play around. While in many cases, nothing will happen, for popular sites, people intentionally purchase addresses similar so if people mistype, they will be taken to a malicious site and malware may try to be downloaded to the computer. While this is done more for popular sites, given the dangerous security situation of the modern Internet, I would advise against just guessing.

I checked. Here is part of the site dealing with the program.
http://softjewel.net/MultiExtra/MultiExtra-v5.3.exe

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

Here is a correction. I previously sent the direct download link to download the program. The home page is this:
http://softjewel.net/

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

I use Pontes as well but this multiextra is just easier in my opinion. I just open it, down arrow to download with youtube and hit that, then an edit field opens up and I type what I'm looking for. Also, most of the time I'm looking for old baseball games so if I look with multiextra I can type mlb radio games for example and when I start the search the list view keeps populating with new results.

The last time I used Pontes the downloads weren't always showing up when the program said they had completed even though I was in the correct folder.

Troy

On 7/6/2020 1:59 PM, Gene wrote:
What don't you like about the free Pontes Media  Downloader?  The ;program you are using may be a little more accessible and the interface may work a little better in terms of not having to arrow at times with nothing happening and having to arrow more in the recent verssions, but if you have problems with Pontes, we may be able to help you with it.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene, I'll take a look at this site. A friend of mine had actually given me the softjewel.com part of the site so since it came from somebody I trust I felt it was likely safe.

Troy

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

can you set the bit rate of MP3 files or are they preset? Also, it may be easier to upload videos using multiextra than working directly with the web site. I haven't done so either way but others may have comments.

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Gene,

Everything seems to be preset, as I say with multiextra you just go down to search on youtube and once you hit on that you type what you want and hit search and the listview starts populating.

I'm not sure why but when I downloaded multiextra from the link you sent me so far I haven't been able to get it installed. I had a previous version installed and I tried to uninstall it first and it wouldn't uninstall, so I decided to install over the top and it didn't seem to work. The install seemed to start because it seemed to be unzipping some files but when it got through with that it never went any further. It's not causing me any problems so I may just go back to using Pontes.

Troy

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

I didn't see anything on the page about multiextra indicating that the developer would charge anything. did you get a message when using the program or see anything from the developer indicating that?

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Gene,

It was a friend of mine who uses the program that told me about the monthly charge, and shortly after that I somehow found the same site and saw the same thing my friend saw. In fact, at the time I was going to pay the monthly charge because I was using the software quite a bit, so I did what I needed to do and got an e-mail back with the person's pay pal info for me to send my money, but I waited until the beginning of this month before doing anything and by then I decided to pay 6 months at a time and that's when I had trouble finding the site again. I remember getting to the site that was for sale the first time I tried it and just don't remember how I eventually found the correct place. Whatever I eventually found was an actual web page and not the download link you sent me.

Troy

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 1:41 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hi all,

I've been using a program called multiextra recently, it's a
blind-friendly program for downloading from youtube. The person who
created the program has recently started charging a small monthly fee
but when I try to get to what I thought the web site was the site I
reach is for sale. The site I tried to access was softjewel.com, does
anybody know what the actual site is?

Thanks.

Troy

Jaffar Sidek

Troy.  Try running the installer as administrator.  Also, sometimes programs take a while to open, or files to be fetched and expanded for installation.  Give it at least 10 minutes and see what happpens.  HTH.  Cheers!