Topics

muting and chat access in zoom app on iphone

John Sanfilippo

I'm helping a friend use zoom conferencing on an iphone.

We need to know the gestures and or, any keyboard shortcuts which will work.

We are especially concerned with two specific features:
* mute or unmute your mic audio, and Using chat.

* For muting, .
We know that on windows the key is alt plus a, and on Mac it is command shift a.
But how about ios?

* how to deal with chat:
There are more details involved here. Getting to the chat window is alt h in windows. probably command shift h on mac, but what in ios?

Help, or a reference to documentation is appreciated.

John

.
--
- JS o m -

Alan Robbins

The Carroll Center in Massachusetts sells a nice book called getting started with zoom. Go to their website and check it out. Website is:
Www.carroll.org

On Dec 11, 2020, at 9:50 AM, John Sanfilippo <johnsanfilippo@outlook.com> wrote:

I'm helping a friend use zoom conferencing on an iphone.

We need to know the gestures and or, any keyboard shortcuts which will work.

We are especially concerned with two specific features:
* mute or unmute your mic audio, and Using chat.

* For muting, .
We know that on windows the key is alt plus a, and on Mac it is command shift a.
But how about ios?

* how to deal with chat:
There are more details involved here. Getting to the chat window is alt h in windows. probably command shift h on mac, but what in ios?

Help, or a reference to documentation is appreciated.

John

.
--
- JS o m -

Juan Mis Grupos

Hi
There are no keystrokes of course on an iPhone The only way is to swipe The screen with your finger
There are however some key strokes you can use but those only work with Windows and Mac
Gl

On Dec 11, 2020, at 7:50 AM, John Sanfilippo <johnsanfilippo@outlook.com> wrote:

I'm helping a friend use zoom conferencing on an iphone.

We need to know the gestures and or, any keyboard shortcuts which will work.

We are especially concerned with two specific features:
* mute or unmute your mic audio, and Using chat.

* For muting, .
We know that on windows the key is alt plus a, and on Mac it is command shift a.
But how about ios?

* how to deal with chat:
There are more details involved here. Getting to the chat window is alt h in windows. probably command shift h on mac, but what in ios?

Help, or a reference to documentation is appreciated.

John

.
--
- JS o m -

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

This is a message which is not helpful.. The mute button is located at the bottom of an iPhone's screen. I believe that tapping it should give the desired effect.

The Raise Hand button is also on that screen. In addition, you may want to look at the following link.

http://nfbmd.org/seminars

If you use your h-key you will find a level 2 heading that says Mosen book or something akin. The download link is there.

Ann P.

[...]

Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

John Sanfilippo

O thanks all. I should have clarified. My friend and I both have APH mantis Q40 and are using iPhones. I have downloaded the hotkey summary from the NFB as suggested and will study it.  The closest thing I found was the brief ipad list.

I'm wondering if any similar commands will work with a mantis and iphone setup.

Thanks for your input.

John S