need help finding a compatible power cord for an acer inspire 15.6 laptop

joanne

I ordered a power cord for my Acer laptop but we discovered I had the wrong one. The tip that you plug into the connector hole is not long enough so of course no connection can be made. It's too short to reach the connection and won't fit snugly, and I think it might be made for a Chrome book and not a laptop--at least not mine. This laptop is like 5 years old and I'm sure it was discontinued. I have looked at cords but there are none that specifically say model 15e.6. After my first mistake I don't want to order another one that has a short tip or for whatever reason can't connect. Would any Acer 15 series cord work or do I need more specifics on my laptop to make sure I get the right one? I know there are universal power cords and wonder if anyone has used one of these.

Unfortunately this computer came without a battery, and I'd attempt to also get a battery if I knew for sure which one to get.

Thanks.

John Holcomb II

TO get it, you’ll need to know the exact mottle number.

I’m sure Belarc would tell you.

That’s the first step.

Then you could shop on eBay or probably even aser itself has one.

John

[...]

valiant8086

Hi.

For your information, it's Aspire not Enspire, in case that helps you find one. Last resort you could try buying like for instance an Igo Green universal laptop charger. It'll come with lots of tips, one of which you hope will fit in the charge port of your machine.

--
cheers:
Aaron Spears AKA Valiant8086 - General Partner Valiant Galaxy Associates. "We make *very good audiogames* for the blind comunity" http://valiantGalaxy.com