Need keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web

Terrilynne Pomeroy

Hi all,

I am looking for information on how to use keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web.

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

Thomas N. Chan

The link from google themselves

actually, when the browse mode is turn off, just hit the question mark, turn browse mode back on and you should get the tables of  shortcuts or by hitting your screen reader, bypass it first, then question mark after.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 08:29, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for information on how to use keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web.

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

John Holcomb II

But before you do all of that, make sure keyboard shortcuts are turned on in gmail settings.
John

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 31, 2022, at 10:08 PM, Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...> wrote:

The link from google themselves

actually, when the browse mode is turn off, just hit the question mark, turn browse mode back on and you should get the tables of  shortcuts or by hitting your screen reader, bypass it first, then question mark after.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 08:29, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for information on how to use keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web.

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

Terrilynne Pomeroy

I have to admit that I am a bit confused. First of all, Thomas Chan wrote: actually, when the browse mode is turn off, just hit the question mark, turn browse mode back on and you should get the tables of  shortcuts or by hitting your screen reader, bypass it first, then question mark after. I am using JAWS. Does this mean go to the JAWS cursor, then back to the PC cursor? When I just tried that, it didn’t seem to make any difference. And when I tried hitting the question mark while in JAWS mode, JAWS said “control slash”.

TerriLynne

actually, when the browse mode is turn off, just hit the question mark, turn browse mode back on and you should get the tables of  shortcuts or by hitting your screen reader, bypass it first, then question mark after.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 08:29, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for information on how to use keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web.

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

Terrilynne Pomeroy

In addition, on the gmail page when I go to settings, according to the google gmail directions, I should go to settings, then to see all settings, but of the fourteen choices I am given, none are all settings or see all settings.

TerriLynne

[...]

Gene

Not the JAWS cursor.  Turn the virtual pc cursor off with JAWS key z.  Type question mark, then turn the virtual PC cursor on again with the same command, Windows key z.
Or you can use the bypass command, type question mark and you will have done what you want without turning the virtual pc cursor off and back on.  I use JAWS very little these days and I don't recall the bypass command.  If you type it, it allows you to enter one keystroke, bypassing the screen-reader.

Gene

On 8/1/2022 10:22 AM, Terrilynne Pomeroy wrote:

[...]

You shouldn't have to do anything with settings.  My experience is that a lot of the short cut commands are on by default.

If you open settings, you should see an item that says all settings.  If you don't, I'm not sure why.

Gene

On 8/1/2022 10:29 AM, Terrilynne Pomeroy wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Gene, that was very helpful.

TerriLynne

actually, when the browse mode is turn off, just hit the question mark, turn browse mode back on and you should get the tables of  shortcuts or by hitting your screen reader, bypass it first, then question mark after.

On Mon, 1 Aug 2022 at 08:29, Terrilynne Pomeroy <tl717375@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for information on how to use keystrokes to navigate gmail on the web.

Thanks much,

TerriLynne

Terrilynne Pomeroy

I did see that keyboard shortcuts was off, so it is now on.

[...]

I'm surprised about that.  I may not remember correctly, but I thought mine was on when I checked.  At any rate, its good you found then and turned them on.

Gene

On 8/1/2022 1:56 PM, Terrilynne Pomeroy wrote:

[...]

chris judge

Also, if you go to the freedom scientific training page and go to their free webinars, there are a couple of webinars on using Gmail on the web.

Chris Judge