Topics

needing info on a program

Vicki W

I have just found a .exe file in my downloads, and even though I looked it up on Google, I still can't quite figure out why I have it and what it's used for. The .exe file is called Luna RSS v3.4 setup.

Can anyone tell me more about this program and how it is used?

Thanks.

Vicki

Richard

Hi Vicki,
Put the file name into a Google search.

HTH,
Rick

----- Original Message -----
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:58 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] needing info on a program

I have just found a .exe file in my downloads, and even though I looked it
up on Google, I still can't quite figure out why I have it and what it's
used for. The .exe file is called Luna RSS v3.4 setup.

Thanks.

Vicki

Gene

This is a good illustration of how to tailor a search. I did a search for just what was written and got no relevant results. So I took out everything but Luna RSS and searched for that. the rest were numbers and version information for a specific version. I immediately found relevant results, including this one:
https://www.mail-archive.com/audiogames-reflector@.../msg294898.html

Experimenting with searches will help those who are not very good at it improve.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:58 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I have just found a .exe file in my downloads, and even though I looked it up on Google, I still can't quite figure out why I have it and what it's used for. The .exe file is called Luna RSS v3.4 setup.

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Thank you. I usually have no trouble researching things and finding the info I need and more, but for some reason this one wasn't showing what I needed. I typed in exactly what you did, in fact I did that first, and didn't get the result that showed up for you, using two browsers.

Do you think that a person's location or even the time of day a search is done makes a difference?

Vicki

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] needing info on a program

This is a good illustration of how to tailor a search. I did a search for just what was written and got no relevant results. So I took out everything but Luna RSS and searched for that. the rest were numbers and version information for a specific version. I immediately found relevant results, including this one:

Experimenting with searches will help those who are not very good at it improve.

Gene

Thanks.

Vicki

Gene

I'm not sure what accounts for your experience. I wouldn't think location or prior search history would matter in this case. But when I did the search, the first result didn't say the name of what I was looking for . It said Nathan Tech's software page! - Nathan Tech When I looked down to see an excerpt of what is on the page, I saw this After the page address:
Grab your copy today: Installable: Luna RSS v3.4 setup.exe

Then there was a little more information that didn't matter. Do you check the excerpts of what is on pages if you aren't sure? Some of the time, you may know if you found what you want without doing so. Sometimes, you don't know or you can't be sure.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:32 PM

Thank you. I usually have no trouble researching things and finding the info
I need and more, but for some reason this one wasn't showing what I needed.
I typed in exactly what you did, in fact I did that first, and didn't get
the result that showed up for you, using two browsers.

Do you think that a person's location or even the time of day a search is
done makes a difference?

Vicki

Gene

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

Yes, I almost always check that area unless it is clearly what I don't want. Anyway, I thank you for finding this. It was just what I needed.

Vicki

Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:34 PM

I'm not sure what accounts for your experience. I wouldn't think location or prior search history would matter in this case. But when I did the search, the first result didn't say the name of what I was looking for . It said Nathan Tech's software page! - Nathan Tech When I looked down to see an excerpt of what is on the page, I saw this After the page address:
Grab your copy today: Installable: Luna RSS v3.4 setup.exe

Then there was a little more information that didn't matter. Do you check the excerpts of what is on pages if you aren't sure? Some of the time, you may know if you found what you want without doing so. Sometimes, you don't know or you can't be sure.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:32 PM

Thank you. I usually have no trouble researching things and finding the info
I need and more, but for some reason this one wasn't showing what I needed.
I typed in exactly what you did, in fact I did that first, and didn't get
the result that showed up for you, using two browsers.

Do you think that a person's location or even the time of day a search is
done makes a difference?

Vicki

Gene

Thanks.

Vicki