From: Loy
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:48 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Nevermind my last message about strange problem with NVDA problem fixed

My problem was that I had a trial version of Eloquence and the trial had expired. NVDA should have told me that.

Loy

I got no warning ahead of time just the need to register.

It isn’t NVDA’s fault.  the trial version should cause a dialog to appear when you are almost out of time and it should do so when you have time to change the synthesizer.  NVDA runs the attachment.  It’s the attachment that should notify the user.  People should complain to the program designer.  this is really bad design.

My problem was that I had a trial version of Eloquence and the trial had expired. NVDA should have told me that.

Gene

That’s my point.  The add-on should have showed a dialog when time was running out telling you to switch to a different synthesizer and save the settings or you would lose speech.  the same for the SAPI Eloquence program.  This isn’t an NVDA problem, it’s a problem with the add-on or the SAPI 5 demo.