New issue when composing email in Outlook

Marie Nelson

Twice in the last two days I have sent messages that sound like a Loony tunes or as if I were drunk! I hear a spelling mistake and go back to correct  it, and without realizing it, the cursor is skipping to another part of the message? I should have re-read the message before sending but never had this particular problem in the past.

I will be more careful now so I don’t sound stupid (hopefully) in the future and apologize for the posts.

Marie

Gene

Maybe it would be easier to use the f7 spellchecker after the message is written, since you have the problem, rather than correcting errors as you do now.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 9:12 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] New issue when composing email in Outlook

Twice in the last two days I have sent messages that sound like a Loony tunes or as if I were drunk! I hear a spelling mistake and go back to correct  it, and without realizing it, the cursor is skipping to another part of the message? I should have re-read the message before sending but never had this particular problem in the past.

I will be more careful now so I don’t sound stupid (hopefully) in the future and apologize for the posts.

Marie

John Holcomb II

I have mine set to spellcheck before sending.

So when I hit Alt+S to send the message, it spellchecks automatically.

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 10:27 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] New issue when composing email in Outlook

Maybe it would be easier to use the f7 spellchecker after the message is written, since you have the problem, rather than correcting errors as you do now.

Gene

Twice in the last two days I have sent messages that sound like a Loony tunes or as if I were drunk! I hear a spelling mistake and go back to correct  it, and without realizing it, the cursor is skipping to another part of the message? I should have re-read the message before sending but never had this particular problem in the past.

Marie

Marie Nelson

Yes and I do use that, but when I hear the alert of the misspelled word, I find it easy to back up and correct it right away, since I normally know what the correct spelling is for the word.

Marie

e

Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 7:27 AM

Gene

Marie

Gene

Have you tried what may be an even faster method?  When you hear a flagged word, with the cursor on the word, open the context menu.  You will likely hear the correct word if you down arrow, often just once or twice.  Press enter and the correct spelling replaces the incorrect one. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 11:17 AM

Yes and I do use that, but when I hear the alert of the misspelled word, I find it easy to back up and correct it right away, since I normally know what the correct spelling is for the word.

Marie

e

Gene

Marie

Carolyn Arnold

I always run Spell Check with Outlook. The spell as you go works on my iPhone, but in Outlook, F7 is the way to go for me.

You can go into Outlook settings and set it to where it won't send an email without running spell check; in other words, it automatically does it. Also, I would guess that in settings you could change the feature to flag misspelled words as you go.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 12:32 PM

Have you tried what may be an even faster method? When you hear a flagged word, with the cursor on the word, open the context menu. You will likely hear the correct word if you down arrow, often just once or twice. Press enter and the correct spelling replaces the incorrect one.

Gene
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Marie

e

Gene

To: techtalk@groups.io <mailto:techtalk@groups.io>

Twice in the last two days I have sent messages that sound like a Loony tunes or as if I were drunk! I hear a spelling mistake and go back to correct it, and without realizing it, the cursor is skipping to another part of the message? I should have re-read the message before sending but never had this particular problem in the past.

Marie

Gene

I don’t know what Outlook does, but Thunderbird flags misspelled words by default.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 11:47 AM

I always run Spell Check with Outlook. The spell as you go works on my iPhone, but in Outlook, F7 is the way to go for me.

You can go into Outlook settings and set it to where it won't send an email without running spell check; in other words, it automatically does it. Also, I would guess that in settings you could change the feature to flag misspelled words as you go.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene

Have you tried what may be an even faster method?  When you hear a flagged word, with the cursor on the word, open the context menu.  You will likely hear the correct word if you down arrow, often just once or twice.  Press enter and the correct spelling replaces the incorrect one.

Gene

Marie

e

Gene

Marie

John Holcomb II

If that is a jaws thing, the sound needs to be louder.

John

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 12:32 PM

Gene

Marie

e

Gene

Marie

Carolyn Arnold

In Outlook, you can set it not to do it.

Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 12:49 PM

I don’t know what Outlook does, but Thunderbird flags misspelled words by default.

Gene

Have you tried what may be an even faster method? When you hear a flagged word, with the cursor on the word, open the context menu. You will likely hear the correct word if you down arrow, often just once or twice. Press enter and the correct spelling replaces the incorrect one.

Gene

Marie

e

Gene

Twice in the last two days I have sent messages that sound like a Loony tunes or as if I were drunk! I hear a spelling mistake and go back to correct it, and without realizing it, the cursor is skipping to another part of the message? I should have re-read the message before sending but never had this particular problem in the past.

Marie

Gene

I would think you can in Thunderbird as well. 

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 4:27 PM

In Outlook, you can set it not to do it.

Sent: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 12:49 PM

Gene

Gene

Marie

e

Gene

Marie