Topics

NLS cartridges and BARD

Steven Johnson

Good day everyone.  To connect a blank NLS cartridge to a PC, what type of USB cable is used?  I feel kind of silly for asking because I feel what appears to be a male standard USB port on the cartridge, but how in the wide world of sports would you get an OTG cable on to that thing?

Loy

You can purchase a cable with standard male USB  on one end and a female USB connector on the other to connect to the cartridge.  You can purchase these from the places you purchase the cartridges or at an electronic store.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NLS cartridges and BARD

Good day everyone.  To connect a blank NLS cartridge to a PC, what type of USB cable is used?  I feel kind of silly for asking because I feel what appears to be a male standard USB port on the cartridge, but how in the wide world of sports would you get an OTG cable on to that thing?

Dave

You get a USB cable that has a Male end, which plugs into the computer, and a Female end which then plugs into the male end on the NLS cartridge.

A simple Birds and Bees answer.

Grumpy Dave

On 10/15/2020 10:02 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Carolyn Arnold

Yes, and you can do the same with the cartridge to the
Victor Reader Stream itself.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 3:00 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] NLS cartridges and BARD

You get a USB cable that has a Male end, which plugs into
the computer, and a Female end which then plugs into the
male end on the NLS cartridge.

A simple Birds and Bees answer.

Grumpy Dave

On 10/15/2020 10:02 AM, Steven Johnson wrote:

Good day everyone. To connect a blank NLS cartridge
to a PC, what type of USB cable is used? I feel kind of
silly for asking because I feel what appears to be a male
standard USB port on the cartridge, but how in the wide
world of sports would you get an OTG cable on to that thing?

Pamela Dominguez

You are correct.  It is a standard male.  What do you mean an OTG cable?  Pam.

Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:02 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] NLS cartridges and BARD

AVG logo

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
www.avg.com