Topics

NVDA & vocalizer voices

Walter Ramage

Hi all.  I have just installed one of the vocalizer voices on my Win10 machine and I went to NVDA to enable it but the voice I chose isn't there. It and other voices show in NVDA on my Win7 machine but for some reason it doesn't on my Win10 machine.  Am I missing something or not doing something I should?  after installing the vocalizer voice I did a restart to be sure but it still doesn't show.  Walter.

Dave

Hi Walter,

Those voices do not come with NVDA.  Those are bought as an Add On to NVDA.  I bought them from some place called Code-something.  Sorry, their name starts with the word Code, but I can't remember the rest of their name.

However, I had nothing but problems with their Vocalizer voices for NVDA.

In Win 10, I started using the Voices that come with Win 10, and I use the one named David, which to my ears is clean and clear enough for my uses.

I like the Vocalizer voices and use them with JAWS all the time, but just had funky problems using them consistently with NVDA.

Others mileage may vary.

Grumpy Dave

On 10/15/2020 3:21 AM, Walter Ramage via groups.io wrote:

Hi all.  I have just installed one of the vocalizer voices on my Win10 machine and I went to NVDA to enable it but the voice I chose isn't there. It and other voices show in NVDA on my Win7 machine but for some reason it doesn't on my Win10 machine.  Am I missing something or not doing something I should?  after installing the vocalizer voice I did a restart to be sure but it still doesn't show.  Walter.

Walter Ramage

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  Where in Win10 do I find those voices you speak of?  Walter.

[...]

Josh Kennedy

first the place you bought the vocalizer voices from is called code factory. You can also buy them from ww.atguys.com.
next, the windows 10 voices can be found under the synthesizer dialogue in NVDA press the change synthesizer button. Go to the synthesizer combo box, down arrow to one core voices, and press enter.