Topics

Online Interest services, is there such a thing?

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

I'm somewhat familiar with the My Local Meetups service. But has anyone seen or worked with an online meetups, so to speak? I'm not referring to online dating services. I'm talking about interest-related networking, where sighted people are willing to interact with someone who is blind and enjoys the same activity, using a a phone or PC camera to show or give instructions on how to do things. It would be like the Be My Eyes or Aira services, except that the person on the seeing end would have the knowledge of how best to explain things. For example, I'm interested in learning how to connect electronic parts to a circuit grid to make projects, with support from sighted people with the same interest and know-how, who are willing to show me via video on zoom meetings. I would appreciate any input, positive or negative.

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com