Topics

Opinions on a blind friendly pod catcher?

Vicky Vaughan

Hi List, If you work with a pod catcher, would you share what it is and what about it you like?

I am using a Windows 10 computer with Jaws 2021.

Thanks very much for sharing any tips!

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Hope Williamson

I'm currently using the most recent version of QCast, 1.8.9. I used to use it before, but then development stopped, Now it's been updated again. It supports secure podcast feeds, unlike some older podcatchers.

https://getaccessibleapps.com/qcast/download#release-1.9

On 2/20/2021 9:00 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Hi List, If you work with a pod catcher, would you share what it is and what about it you like?

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Vicky Vaughan

Hi Hope, Thanks for your response.  Would you be willing to give me some pointers on how I can go about setting QCast to  regularly catch a pod cast? 

I Googled for commands but didn’t find much help.

Thanks very much for any help!

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hope Williamson
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 1:18 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Opinions on a blind friendly pod catcher?

I'm currently using the most recent version of QCast, 1.8.9. I used to use it before, but then development stopped, Now it's been updated again. It supports secure podcast feeds, unlike some older podcatchers.

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

John Holcomb II

Accessible Apps – QCast (q-continuum.net)

You can’t access the manual from the website that I know of though.

But there is a trial version.

Hope this helps,

John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vicky Vaughan
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 2021 9:14 PM

Hi Hope, Thanks for your response.  Would you be willing to give me some pointers on how I can go about setting QCast to  regularly catch a pod cast? 

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hope Williamson

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

joanne

I use radio downloader. I have to route jaws to pc cursor to find a lot of things, but since hermes podcast downloader stopped working for me, radio downloader is what seems to work ok.

Hope Williamson

hi Vicky, just find the URl of the feed for the podcast you're looking for, open qCast, and hit the alt key. Arrow down to "add  podcast," and paste in the URl, you have to copy and paste it from the browser. After that, press enter.  It should find the title of the podcast, the description etc, it may take a while to fetch it.

On 2/21/2021 6:13 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Sincerely, Vicky V

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cristóbal

I mean… there’s always iTunes too. It’s free and can be used as a podcast player.

Cristóbal

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 10:20 PM

hi Vicky, just find the URl of the feed for the podcast you're looking for, open qCast, and hit the alt key. Arrow down to "add  podcast," and paste in the URl, you have to copy and paste it from the browser. After that, press enter.  It should find the title of the podcast, the description etc, it may take a while to fetch it.

On 2/21/2021 6:13 PM, Vicky Vaughan wrote:

Sincerely, Vicky V

Sincerely, Vicky V

Virus-free. www.avg.com