Topics

.Opinions wanted: Should I install the upcoming updates?

jldail13@...

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>

I would.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

jldail13@...

Hi,
Is there any major bugs I need to be aware of?
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 31, 2015, at 5:57 PM, Juanita Martin <jordmartin@suddenlink.net> wrote:

I would.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

Ok, weird, ended up sending my message below to bt instead. grr
Lets hope this one goes to the right place. :D
Not sure if it was me that added the wrong address into the field or something else going screwy. haha

On 8/31/2015 5:38 PM, jeremy wrote:
Probably good to double check on something like applevis, just to see how others are finding it. Also, if it's IOS you mean, just be aware that often times, if we're going to have issues, those issues will show up more so on the first release of the update, as in IOS8 for example. I normally either wait until I see that things are working ok to make me comfortable using it, or, I wait until I see that what ever bugs have been fixed and it's safe to finally update it.
Tc.
On 8/31/2015 4:33 PM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Juanita Martin <jordmartin@...>

It's usually a good idea to install the updates.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 5:07 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
Is there any major bugs I need to be aware of?
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 31, 2015, at 5:57 PM, Juanita Martin <jordmartin@suddenlink.net> wrote:

I would.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monica Jones

When I was using the Beta, the last update of nine was stable. I'm back to eight now because I had an issue with my phone unrelated to the nine BETA As with any release, there could be a few bugs, but I think there may be fewer since people have had the opportunity to test drive nine.

I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

jldail13@...

Hi,
I'm wondering how I should install iOS 9 when it's released in 15 days? Should I install it over the air, or via iTunes on my mac? Should I restore my iPhone prior to installation or should I install it overtop of iOS 8.4.1?
Thanks for any tips you can provide,
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: Jessica D
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

jeremy <icu8it2@...>

It's always seemed to me that doing the restore type update, meaning to basically do it clean, seems to end up with things being snappier. You'd then have to make sure that everything was backed up though. I can't really list all the differences from using Itunes verses OTA to update your device, I just know that from what I've herd, it can make a few differences if you ever decide to jailbreak it. Using OTA is certainly much easier though, in my experience.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple, when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Matt

Hi, I like doing it thru iTunes as you don't lose speech. Also I would wait
about a week or so before I installed it. As in case it has VO bugs that you
just cannot live with. Let some of the real techy people adopt it first and
find out all the bad and good and then decide if it is ok to download. JMT!

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Carlos

Indeed, I recommended waiting a while as well.

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

jldail13@...

Hi
My iOS devices seem to be dying very rapidly, therefore, I was going to install iOS 9, as soon as it was released, so I could get better battery life.
I plan to read applevis.com before updating, just to see what others say. I will base my decision, off the information I find on that website.

Sent from my iPhone

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt" <matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Matt

I don't think that is going to help in fact it will more than likely make it
worst. What iPhone do you have now? Usually the battery last at least a
couple of years.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt"
<matt.from.florida@gmail.com>

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from
Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

jldail13@...

Hi,
It's a 6+

Sent from my iPad

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from
Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Matt

Hmm, that thing should be getting great battery life much better than the
iphone6 and below. If not you must have something wrong in settings or you
have a lot of battery eating things in the app switcher. If not none of
these I would take it to Apple store to get it tested and fixed or replaced.
As the battery should be great on this thing! That is if you have an Apple
store around you. If not I would at least call them and tell them about it
and see where to go from here.

Thanks,
Matt.from.florida@gmail.com

Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 4:33 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
updates?

Hi,
I would like opinions on whether or not to install the updates from
Apple,
when they are released in a few weeks?

Is the current beta stable
Thanks,
Jessica

Sent from my iPad

Monni, the coffee gal
Twitter, @Monni52
Skype, Monnirose52
Facebook, Monica Rose Jones

Monica Jones

You will be able to install it over ITunes or just through your phone, which is what I do. Be sure to let your phone charge while you're doing it because installing huge updates like that takes a lot of battery; this is what they recommend. By they, I mean Apple. Oh, and yes, you will be able to install right over it. You don't have to uninstall anything. Holler if I can help further.