(OT): Welcome to Windows-access and Windows mailing lists

Akash Kakkar

Dear all,
As we all eagerly wait for the release of new Windows OS (most
probably #Windows11) I would like to invite you all to windows-access
mailing list.
To explain more about this, I'll be running 2 mailing lists related to
Windows. 1 is called "windows-access" and another is "windows".
Windows-access is there for any discussion regarding which includes
Windows OS and it's accessibility including screen reader
compattibility, applications and all.
Second mailing list: "windows" is a generalised mailing list which can
be joined by anyone no matter he/she is sighted/blind and it allows
any discussion revolving around Windows.
If you specificly want to talk about the accessibility of Windows OS
and don't want to mingle up with the conversation of non-accessibility
conversations, then you can join exclusive windows-access mailing list
via:
windows-access+subscribe@groups.io
and to post to this list:
windows-access@groups.io
Otherwise you can join generalised windows mailing list which is there
for everyone:
windows+subscribe@groups.io
Send a mail to post to this list:
windows@groups.io
welcome you all in the both groups in advance.
with regards,
Akash

Monte Single

Do we really need another windows group??

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
Sent: June 16, 2021 1:46 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io; program-l <program-l@freelists.org>; nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; main@techtalk.groups.io; accessindia@accessindia.org.in; blindandroidusers@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] (OT): Welcome to Windows-access and Windows mailing lists

Dear all,
As we all eagerly wait for the release of new Windows OS (most probably #Windows11) I would like to invite you all to windows-access mailing list.
To explain more about this, I'll be running 2 mailing lists related to Windows. 1 is called "windows-access" and another is "windows".
Windows-access is there for any discussion regarding which includes Windows OS and it's accessibility including screen reader compattibility, applications and all.
Second mailing list: "windows" is a generalised mailing list which can be joined by anyone no matter he/she is sighted/blind and it allows any discussion revolving around Windows.
If you specificly want to talk about the accessibility of Windows OS and don't want to mingle up with the conversation of non-accessibility conversations, then you can join exclusive windows-access mailing list
via:
windows-access@groups.io
Otherwise you can join generalised windows mailing list which is there for everyone:
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Janet

Hi,
May I please ask you is your Windows-Access list going to be an on going list, or is it just until Windows 11 finally comes out? If I join, do I need to send a blank email, or do I add something in the subject line?

Thank you.

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 2:46 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io; program-l; nvda; main@techtalk.groups.io; accessindia@accessindia.org.in; blindandroidusers@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io

Dear all,
As we all eagerly wait for the release of new Windows OS (most
probably #Windows11) I would like to invite you all to windows-access
mailing list.
To explain more about this, I'll be running 2 mailing lists related to
Windows. 1 is called "windows-access" and another is "windows".
Windows-access is there for any discussion regarding which includes
Windows OS and it's accessibility including screen reader
compattibility, applications and all.
Second mailing list: "windows" is a generalised mailing list which can
be joined by anyone no matter he/she is sighted/blind and it allows
any discussion revolving around Windows.
If you specificly want to talk about the accessibility of Windows OS
and don't want to mingle up with the conversation of non-accessibility
conversations, then you can join exclusive windows-access mailing list
via:
windows-access@groups.io
Otherwise you can join generalised windows mailing list which is there
for everyone:
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Janet

Hi Monte,
Choice is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Smile!

Janet

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 4:19 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] (OT): Welcome to Windows-access and Windows mailing lists

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Akash Kakkar
To: win10@win10.groups.io; program-l <program-l@freelists.org>; nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; main@techtalk.groups.io; accessindia@accessindia.org.in; blindandroidusers@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io

Dear all,
As we all eagerly wait for the release of new Windows OS (most probably #Windows11) I would like to invite you all to windows-access mailing list.
To explain more about this, I'll be running 2 mailing lists related to Windows. 1 is called "windows-access" and another is "windows".
Windows-access is there for any discussion regarding which includes Windows OS and it's accessibility including screen reader compattibility, applications and all.
Second mailing list: "windows" is a generalised mailing list which can be joined by anyone no matter he/she is sighted/blind and it allows any discussion revolving around Windows.
If you specificly want to talk about the accessibility of Windows OS and don't want to mingle up with the conversation of non-accessibility conversations, then you can join exclusive windows-access mailing list
via:
windows-access@groups.io
Otherwise you can join generalised windows mailing list which is there for everyone:
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Gene

I believe it was on another list that I said that we don’t need another list for general Windows users.  I also said that it is a bad idea to fragment the blind Windows user community by starting another list for blind Windows users. 

There is already a Windows 10 users group either owned or moderated by Joseph Lee.  Starting another list may result in people joining a new list where the kind of knowledge and expertise isn’t present where they might join the Joseph Lee group otherwise.

Gene

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] (OT): Welcome to Windows-access and Windows mailing lists

To: win10@win10.groups.io; program-l <program-l@...>; nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; main@techtalk.groups.io; accessindia@...; blindandroidusers@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io

Dear all,
via:
windows-access@groups.io
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Gerald Levy

For the record, Joseph Lee has stepped down as owner/moderator of the Windows 10 list and turned it over to two very knowledgable Windows 10 users to co-moderate.  I agree with you that we don't need yet another Windows list, let alone two of them.  Didn't there used to be a Blind-Windows list that discussed all versions of Windows?  Whatever happened to it?

Gerald

On 6/16/2021 5:36 PM, Gene wrote:
I believe it was on another list that I said that we don’t need another list for general Windows users.  I also said that it is a bad idea to fragment the blind Windows user community by starting another list for blind Windows users. 

There is already a Windows 10 users group either owned or moderated by Joseph Lee.  Starting another list may result in people joining a new list where the kind of knowledge and expertise isn’t present where they might join the Joseph Lee group otherwise.

Gene

To: win10@win10.groups.io; program-l <program-l@...>; nvda <nvda@nvda.groups.io>; main@techtalk.groups.io; accessindia@...; blindandroidusers@groups.io; blindtech@groups.io

Dear all,
via:
windows-access@groups.io
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Alex Stone

Who are they?

On 16 Jun 2021, at 22:44, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

For the record, Joseph Lee has stepped down as owner/moderator of the Windows 10 list and turned it over to two very knowledgable Windows 10 users to co-moderate.  I agree with you that we don't need yet another Windows list, let alone two of them.  Didn't there used to be a Blind-Windows list that discussed all versions of Windows?  Whatever happened to it?

Gerald

On 6/16/2021 5:36 PM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Dear all,
via:
windows-access@groups.io
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash

Jaffar Sidek

Well, it is easier to ignore the notice than to subscribe. Cheers!

On 17/6/2021 5:19 am, Monte Single wrote:

Dear all,
via:
windows-access@groups.io
windows@groups.io
with regards,
Akash