Topics

Outlook 365 is driving me crazy

Loy

I am new to Outlook 365 and I am trying to delete an email account. I have searched Google for the answer and I get several ways to do this and non are correct. Any suggestions?One is to go to file info select the account then click an option to remove, but no options to do so.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

To my knowledge, account management in Outlook 365 is the same as it was in Outlook 2016 and 2019.

ALT+F,I,S,A  (File tab, Account Information, Account Settings Dropdown, Account Settings item)

You then get the standard Account Settings dialog that I've known in Outlook for as long as I can remember. You can use the Remove option there once the account you wish to remove is selected.

gbmagoo@...

Call Microsoft Accessibility and they will connect to your computer and do it for you and explain with her bowling at the same time Assessability they will connect to your computer and do it for you

On Oct 20, 2020, at 13:48, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

To my knowledge, account management in Outlook 365 is the same as it was in Outlook 2016 and 2019.

ALT+F,I,S,A  (File tab, Account Information, Account Settings Dropdown, Account Settings item)

You then get the standard Account Settings dialog that I've known in Outlook for as long as I can remember. You can use the Remove option there once the account you wish to remove is selected.

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#93987) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 05:02 PM, <gbmagoo@...> wrote:
Call Microsoft Accessibility and they will connect to your computer and do it for you and explain with her bowling at the same time Assessability they will connect to your computer and do it for you
-
I frequently recommend taking this route, but not until those who wish to do it themselves have actually tried to, and it seems that this is what Loy wants to do.

You learn nothing, or close to it, if someone else swoops in and takes care of things for you.  Sometimes that's necessary, but sometimes it's not.

chris judge

Agreed. I find people are all too eager to make that suggestion instead of attempting to assist someone with learning to do things on their own. Again, teach a man to fish and all that.

Chris Judge

Call Microsoft Accessibility and they will connect to your computer and do it for you and explain with her bowling at the same time Assessability they will connect to your computer and do it for you

-
I frequently recommend taking this route, but not until those who wish to do it themselves have actually tried to, and it seems that this is what Loy wants to do.

You learn nothing, or close to it, if someone else swoops in and takes care of things for you.  Sometimes that's necessary, but sometimes it's not.

gbmagoo@...

What’s the difference from asking for step-by-step directions on this email calling Microsoft accessibility I don’t get it

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 05:46 PM, <gbmagoo@...> wrote:
What’s the difference from asking for step-by-step directions on this email calling Microsoft accessibility I don’t get it
-
Has anyone done that?  Even if someone had, actually going through a set of step-by-step instructions yourself teaches you an awful lot more than just sitting back and having someone do something for you, with you probably not even knowing what they've done.

This question is just, well, shocking.

chris judge

Because in my experience Microsoft disability don’t talk you through things, they just talk you through launching quick assist, connect to your computer and do it for you.

Chris Judge

Call Microsoft Accessibility and they will connect to your computer and do it for you and explain with her bowling at the same time Assessability they will connect to your computer and do it for you

-
I frequently recommend taking this route, but not until those who wish to do it themselves have actually tried to, and it seems that this is what Loy wants to do.

You learn nothing, or close to it, if someone else swoops in and takes care of things for you.  Sometimes that's necessary, but sometimes it's not.

Loy

Thank you, this did it. I never seen these instructions any where else and I could not find that option navigating on my own.

To my knowledge, account management in Outlook 365 is the same as it was in Outlook 2016 and 2019.

ALT+F,I,S,A  (File tab, Account Information, Account Settings Dropdown, Account Settings item)

You then get the standard Account Settings dialog that I've known in Outlook for as long as I can remember. You can use the Remove option there once the account you wish to remove is selected.

gbmagoo@...

Only if you let them