petition to open source ETI eloquence

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

I’ll look at the petition but why do you consider it important that Eloquence isn’t maintained?  It does what users want it to do and it does it very well.  And you can purchase Eloquence for use with NVDA and with other programs.

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:34 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] petition to open source ETI eloquence

Hi,

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

Is it possible MS could just kill it?

John

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Hi,

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

I see that you want it to be made open source.  I see no reason why it will be.  I hadn’t read the subject line before I sent my last message.  I generally skip them because they so often tell nothing, such as, help, a question, etc.

Nuance may not be making much money from Eloquence, but I doubt they will make it either free or open source.  If they haven’t done so by now, given all the interest of the blind community, why would they care about a petition?

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Hi,

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Gene

It isn’t a Microsoft product.

Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:50 AM

Is it possible MS could just kill it?

John

I’ll look at the petition but why do you consider it important that Eloquence isn’t maintained?  It does what users want it to do and it does it very well.  And you can purchase Eloquence for use with NVDA and with other programs.

As some of you may know, Microsoft acquired Nuance. I started this

petition as ETI-Eloquence isn't maintained and is used by a lot of the

blind community. If you would like to sign It, the link is

http://chng.it/CJWYhnYS

Feel free to pass this along to as many people as possible.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

No, but since MS is buying Newonce doesn’t that mean they could kill it?

John