Topics

Pinning things to the Taskbar was Chrome Question

Lisa Belville

Hi, Mike,

How can you do this for an individual file?  I have a few I open several times a day, and this would make things much more efficient.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 11/7/2019 7:24 PM, Mike B wrote:

Hi James,

First press, Windows key + T, to open the taskbar.  Now right arrow and count what is currently pinned there already.  If you want to unpin an item from the taskbar, highlight the icon, open the context menu with the applications key or Shift + F10, now up / down arrow to, Unpin from taskbar, and press enter.

If you want to pin an icon to the taskbar, lets say a shortcut icon on the desktop, highlight the desktop icon, open the context menu, arrow up / down to, Pin to taskbar, and press enter.

Here's how my taskbar is layed out.
Windows key + 1 = IE11.
Windows key + 2 = Notepad.
Windows key + 3 = Outlook Express.
Windows key + 4 = Word document1.
Windows key + 5 = Chrome.
Windows key + 6 = Jaws16.
Windows key + 7 = Jaws 18.
Windows key + 8 = Jaws 2018.
Windows key + 9 = Jaws 2019.
Windows key + 0 = Jaws 2020.

You can have up to 10 items pasted to the taskbar, but in order to paste a folder shortcut icon to the taskbar you have to modify the properties of the folder icon shortcut.

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!  Sent from my iBarstool.
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Chrome Question

Hi Mike,

I’ve never pinned a program to the task bar.  How do I do that?  How many programs can you pin?

Cheers,

James B

From: Carlos
By default the
"Pin to Taskbar"
item will not appear on the context menu for folders, but there is a trick you can use to accomplish this.

Try the following:

1. Highlight the shortcut to the folder you created on the desktop.

2. Press Alt Enter to access it's properties.

3. In the
"Target"
field, type
explorer
followed by a space before the path of the folder.

4. Select the
"OK"
button to save the changes.

5. The
"Pin to Taskbar"
item should now appear on the context menu for the shortcut.
Carlos

Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!  Sent from my iBarstool.

[...]

wow!?? This did the trick.?? I noticed you saved that from the days of Carlos.?? How neat that he's still helping us on this list.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 11/8/2019 12:22 PM, Mike B wrote:

???
Howdy again Lisa,
??
From: Carlos
By default the
[...]
????
??
Take care.?? Mike.?? Go Dodgers!?? Sent from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.?? In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

[...]

?????? Mike, just an answer for you or anyone else who is wondering. . .This is a Text file and the method you provided worked perfectly.?? I noticed there were a few other options added to the context menu once I made the change.

Thanks again.

Lisa

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...