pinning website to taskbar

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

I found this in a Google search.

Open the site.
Open more tools in the menu.
Find and press enter on create shortcut.
Find the shortcut on the desktop and, using the context menu, pin it to the task bar.

I’ve described the procedure but I haven’t quoted from the page.

Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:12 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] pinning website to taskbar

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Monte Single

I have  several webpage shortcuts on my desktop.

I tried using the context menu on a few of them.

There is no choice to pin the shortcut to the   task bar;  when I open the sub menu of the “send to”  item, task bar is not an option.

I am using a current version of win10.

Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Ah, ok. That sounds familiar from what I use to do years ago.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

What I ended up doing after remembering the process from years ago was first, save the website onto your start menu, then from the start menu where the website is you can pin it to the taskbar.

At the time, I was using IE, though.

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Gene

How did you make them?  These instructions are specific to making them with Chrome and those are not the same kind of shortcuts you make using the create shortcut dialog on the desktop.  I saw these instructions in two different places from two different sites, one of them a web snippet and the other from a site I followed a link to.

I just tested this in Windows 7.  A Chrome created desktop shortcut does indeed have pin to task bar in the context menu.  Other typical shortcuts don’t.

Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 10:12 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have steps on how to pin a website to the taskbar?

Windows 10 latest jfw 22 and chrome.

Thank you

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Monte Single

I copied the link from the address bar in chrome, and pasted them into the “create shortcut” dialog on the desktop.  So, I did not create the shortcut in chrome.