popping when filling out an e mail

Sugar

Hi all

I am going to try this here.

just installed Jaws 22.

I am using windows 10, outlook 2016 and on a desk top

when I go to send a new e mail, I hear a popping news and then it goes away when I get to the subject line

as if it is telling me t pick what e mail ZI want to use

very strange.

I did notify Sparrow and I am waiting for their instructions on how to remove this

in the mean time, does anyone else experience this strange popping noise?

thanks Sugar

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them.”

🙏 -Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Sugar

Kimsan

I’m guessing here, outlook is populating email addresses as you’re typing in the to field.

I hear that popping sound as well when I type in the to field.

I am using windows 10, outlook 2016 and on a desk top

when I go to send a new e mail, I hear a popping news and then it goes away when I get to the subject line

as if it is telling me t pick what e mail ZI want to use

very strange.

I did notify Sparrow and I am waiting for their instructions on how to remove this

in the mean time, does anyone else experience this strange popping noise?

thanks Sugar

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them.”

🙏 -Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Sugar

Sugar

yes, thank you.

I didn’t do that with Jaws 21.

so I would like to know how to stop that.

thanks again

Sugar

- - Winnie the Pooh

Please walk with me through a second chance of life:

-Sugar, ❤😘

I’m guessing here, outlook is populating email addresses as you’re typing in the to field.

I hear that popping sound as well when I type in the to field.

I am using windows 10, outlook 2016 and on a desk top

when I go to send a new e mail, I hear a popping news and then it goes away when I get to the subject line

as if it is telling me t pick what e mail ZI want to use

very strange.

I did notify Sparrow and I am waiting for their instructions on how to remove this

in the mean time, does anyone else experience this strange popping noise?

thanks Sugar

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them.”

🙏 -Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:

Sugar

Kimsan

Try opening up word, go to options with alt f, followed by t, in the list of categories, press A until you get to accessibility.

Tab into the list and down arrow until you hear provide feedback with sound. If that box is checked, uncheck it. I would shift tab back to the ok button and activate it.

[...]

Ok, I did what you instructed but it didn’t work

thanks, I appreciate it

[...]

Gene

Since the problem didn’t occur with the previous version of JAWS, it appears to be a JAWS behavior, not a Word or Outlook problem.  This sounds suspiciously as though JAWS is making a sound as autocomplete guesses what address you want and displays one, then another.

Gene

[...]

Hmmm, it did on this end.

Did you exit and return to outlook?

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

That makes sense, Gene.

I still have JAWS 18, because mostly it works very well. When the updates come, I am thankful I have it, but know that eventually I will have to update.

[...]

strange, well, thank you anyways

[...]

What happens in another autocomplete context.  Does your browser guess about addresses you type in the address bar and change the suggestion as you add more to the address?  If so, does the current JAWS produce a sound as the suggestion changes?

[...]

this only happens on outlook when I’m typing an e mail

I do have my settings on Manual for the browser)google)

[...]

I’m very curious to see what FS has to say.

[...]

yes, indeed. I did write to them and they replied.

they asked if I wanted instructions to stop the popping noise, I said yes of course

smile

[...]

Mike B.

Hi Sugar,

When FS Support lets you know how to stop the popping sounds, would please share with this list and the Jaws list?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

[...]

Hi Mike

yes, of courzse.

[...]

david

Hello;

I had a client who also had this issue, here's the response from Vispero;

Here's the question/response,

To whom it may concern;

A client has asked me how to turn off a sound in outlook 2016.

when she creates new message, and starts typing a email address a sound is heard. it seems like it's a auto complete sound.

can this be turned off?

Client is using jaws 2020, outlook 2016.

in advance thanks for your help.

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for contacting Vispero™ Technical Support.

Please edit the outlook.jcf file located in the user settings folder and add the  following to that file .  To get to the user setting folder:

  1. Press Insert+J for the JAWS interface.
  2. From the utilities menu, choose Explore Utilities folder, then choose explore my settings.
  3. Open the outlook.jcf file in notepad.
  4. Add the following  to the end of the file:

[NonJCFOptions]

;  sounds for when autocomplete list appears and disappears,

;  for message header fields when entering contacts.

AutoCompleteListEnterSound=1OutlookAutocompleteEnterSound.wav

AutoCompleteListExitSound=1OutlookAutocompleteExitSound.wav

If you have any additional questions regarding this or any other issue, please don't hesitate to contact us.

If replying to this message, be sure to include all previous correspondence pertaining to this matter so that we might better assist you.

Regards,

Jose Tamayo

Vispero | Technical Support Specialist

17757 US Highway 19 N, Suite 560, Clearwater, FL 33764

T 727-803-8600 F 727-803-8001

support@...

www.vispero.com

Let us know how we are doing by completing a

short survey.

[...]

Wow!

Interesting. I’m to scared to do that stuff. Lol.

I just unchecked the provide feedback with sound checkbox and it worked.

I hope the below will work for Sugar, or whatever instructions they provided her if different from below.

[...]

I’m very curious to see if using a different screen-reader results in the clicking sound being heard.  If so, it would then appear that some earlier versions of JAWS stopped the clicking sound.