Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:57 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Problem Updating Jaws

Hi Group:

Yesterday, I got the notification to update to the new version of Jaws
and I do as I normally do. When it comes up, it will ask me if I want
to update it and I say yes and then it asks me if I want to let the
changes come on my hard drive and I say yes to that but for some reason,
nothing is happening. I have tried it three different ways. I go to
where it says yes and I hit Alt Y and wait a while and nothing seems to
happen and then I find it again and I hit either space and then enter
and nothing is happening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. What
should I be listening for so I know it's updating? I'm getting complete
silence.

Shelly

Holly

Shelley:

Try downloading the latest version from the Freedom Scientific downloads page. Here is the link.

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/JAWS

Shelly Kane

Thank you.  When I do this, will I need to know my license key and serial number?  Mine usually does it automatically when I hit yes but for some reason, it's not.

Shelly

On 7/22/2021 9:20 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi Shelly,

Use this direct download link to download the installer and install it from your computer using the downloaded installer.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:57 PM

Hi Group:

Yesterday, I got the notification to update to the new version of Jaws
and I do as I normally do. When it comes up, it will ask me if I want
to update it and I say yes and then it asks me if I want to let the
changes come on my hard drive and I say yes to that but for some reason,
nothing is happening. I have tried it three different ways. I go to
where it says yes and I hit Alt Y and wait a while and nothing seems to
happen and then I find it again and I hit either space and then enter
and nothing is happening. Any help will be greatly appreciated. What
should I be listening for so I know it's updating? I'm getting complete
silence.

Shelly

Mike B.

No, this will install just like using the way you have been doing it, but this is actually better, there's less chance of error.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.