From: Shelly Kane
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:24 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] problem with Jaws

Hi group:

I have been having trouble with Jaws reading things straight through. I
hit insert down arrow and it just reads the subject of the email and not
the whole things. Is there a way I can get this fixed or am I doing
something wrong? Thanks in advance. It's a pain hitting the down arrow
after every line on long emails.

Shelly

Abbie Taylor

In Outlook, you can set JAWS to read a message automatically when it opens. Also, the read to end command works in the message body. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...

Shelly Kane

I'm using Thunderbird and nothing happened with those commands. I sent another message letting everyone know that the problem has been solved.  I was hitting a wrong key.

Shelly

On 6/24/2020 8:59 AM, Gene wrote:
Evidently, you can use read to end elsewhere but just not in whatever e-mail program you are using.  I have no idea why.  Read to end is supposed to move or more or less simulate moving down line by line and reading as it goes.

What e-mail program are you using?  When presenting a problem, the program being used is important to specify.

For now, What happens if you issue the reply command, then read.
In addition, what happens if you tab once in the message body, then read.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Shelly Kane