problem with message rules and creating folders. Details inside.

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi gang,

I have a question.

I use office 365 and I have it configured in the outlook program.

In the outlook program, I have my kimsansong@..., my work email and my primary email address, kimsansong@....

What I've noticed in recent months, whenever I create a folder or message rule for my icloud account, the folder is there but after a few minutes the folder disappears and the rule becomes disabled and the newly created folders disappear.

I'm not sure if it's a outlook 365 issue, an icloud issue, or what.  After thinking about it though, the folders created for my outlook and work email, those folders and message rules work, it's just the icloud ones that do not work.

I've spoken to apple accessibility and microsoft disability, and both have said to go to the other.

If you understand what my problem is what do you think the problem is?

Thank you

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Yo Bro,

I very well could be wrong on this, but I believe that the iCloud IMAP account takes precedense over the Outlook email client, and since you're using Outlook to bring your folders / mail down from the iCloud server the folders will need to be created on the iCloud server.

Once the folders are created on the iCloud server the iCloud folders will sychronize with the Outlook email client bringing the folders down to Outlook, then the message rules can be applied.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:  "Close Enough!"

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2021 8:37 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] problem with message rules and creating folders. Details inside.

Hi gang,

I have a question.

In the outlook program, I have my kimsansong@..., my work email and my primary email address, kimsansong@....

What I've noticed in recent months, whenever I create a folder or message rule for my icloud account, the folder is there but after a few minutes the folder disappears and the rule becomes disabled and the newly created folders disappear.

I'm not sure if it's a outlook 365 issue, an icloud issue, or what.  After thinking about it though, the folders created for my outlook and work email, those folders and message rules work, it's just the icloud ones that do not work.

I've spoken to apple accessibility and microsoft disability, and both have said to go to the other.

Thank you

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Mike, my big bro,

Are you saying I need to venture out into the mucky waters of iCloud.com?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 10:11 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with message rules and creating folders. Details inside.

Yo Bro,

I very well could be wrong on this, but I believe that the iCloud IMAP account takes precedense over the Outlook email client, and since you're using Outlook to bring your folders / mail down from the iCloud server the folders will need to be created on the iCloud server.

Once the folders are created on the iCloud server the iCloud folders will sychronize with the Outlook email client bringing the folders down to Outlook, then the message rules can be applied.

Subject: [TechTalk] problem with message rules and creating folders. Details inside.

Hi gang,

I have a question.

Thank you

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Ok, I went to icloud.com, tried creating a rule, of course, I had to create the folder, but at least with jaws 22, when I click the add button to create a folder, nothing happens.

I tried left mouse clicking on the add button, nothing.

What you said makes sense, especially when I was on icloud.com, I saw no folders. I just see them in outlook.

What are the hours for ms disability for a Saturday?

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] problem with message rules and creating folders. Details inside.

Mike, my big bro,

Yo Bro,

Hi gang,

I have a question.

Thank you

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

If that's where you need to go to make changes to your iCloud IMAP account, yes I am.  Once you get where you need to be the first thing you should probably do is compare the folders on the server to folders in your Outlook account to see if both are the same.

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 1:26 PM

Mike, my big bro,

Yo Bro,

Hi gang,

I have a question.

Thank you

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Okay, I'm thinking that you need to create the folder on the iCloud server, then find the option in Outlook to sychronize folders with from the iCloud server, then create the message rule in Outlook once the folders have sychronized.  Call me if you like I'm not doing anything at the moment.

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 1:52 PM

Ok, I went to icloud.com, tried creating a rule, of course, I had to create the folder, but at least with jaws 22, when I click the add button to create a folder, nothing happens.

What you said makes sense, especially when I was on icloud.com, I saw no folders. I just see them in outlook.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimsan via groups.io

Mike, my big bro,

Yo Bro,

Hi gang,

I have a question.

Thank you

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

My fault brody.

I was at red robin with the kids when your email came through.

Let me get at you next Saturday after the holidays.

Warning you, have a few beers on hand.

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 4:13 PM

Okay, I'm thinking that you need to create the folder on the iCloud server, then find the option in Outlook to sychronize folders with from the iCloud server, then create the message rule in Outlook once the folders have sychronized.  Call me if you like I'm not doing anything at the moment.

Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2021 1:52 PM

Mike, my big bro,

Yo Bro,

Hi gang,

I have a question.

Thank you