problem with outlook 2016

Kimsan

Hi guys,

I've been dealing with this for a month now and it's starting to get frustrating.

In short here are my two issues.

1.

Outlook 2016 after sending an email, it sits in the outbox and will not send until I reboot and launch outlook.

2.

Speaking of launching outlook, when I alt f 4, when I try to go back into outlook via the taskbar or any other method, it doesn't open so I will need to reboot my system and then it will launch.

Using jfw 2020 and windows 10.

I need to reboot now so I can send this message.

Gene

I don’t know what is causing the problems.  Perhaps there is a way to repair the ;program.

Aside from that, my guess is that the reason you can’t open the program after you close it is because it doesn’t fully close.  I don’t know how the program is indicated in the task manager.  But if you close the program, then look in the task manager at the running processes, I wouldn’t be surprised if you find the exe file in the list.  If you do and if you close it using the task manager, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if you can run the program again.

Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2021 12:50 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] problem with outlook 2016

Hi guys,

I've been dealing with this for a month now and it's starting to get frustrating.

In short here are my two issues.

1.

Outlook 2016 after sending an email, it sits in the outbox and will not send until I reboot and launch outlook.

2.

Speaking of launching outlook, when I alt f 4, when I try to go back into outlook via the taskbar or any other method, it doesn't open so I will need to reboot my system and then it will launch.

Using jfw 2020 and windows 10.

I need to reboot now so I can send this message.

david

hello;

you may want to go into options,

alt+f=file,

t=options,

a=advance,

now tab and enter on send/receive button, what check boxes are checked in there.

as for closing outlook,

sometime the program doesn't close properly,

instead of shutting machine down,

open, task manager,

ctrl+shift+escape key,

in the processes tab list, press the letter m until you find Microsoft outlook, and tab to end task button.

also, you may want to go back into options,

alt+f/t,

down arrow to mail, tab and uncheck the boxes, envelope icon in system tray, and desktop alert.

hope this helps.

I've been dealing with this for a month now and it's starting to get frustrating.

In short here are my two issues.

1.

Outlook 2016 after sending an email, it sits in the outbox and will not send until I reboot and launch outlook.

2.

Speaking of launching outlook, when I alt f 4, when I try to go back into outlook via the taskbar or any other method, it doesn't open so I will need to reboot my system and then it will launch.

Using jfw 2020 and windows 10.

I need to reboot now so I can send this message.

david

Outlook doesn’t close or outlook.exe process keeps running

Close Outlook button

It isn’t very common that Outlook doesn’t close on its own. Practically always this is caused by an add-in or another application which integrates with

Outlook. At that time, you’d usually see the outlook.exe process still running in Task Manager as well.

Once this troublesome add-in is disabled or updated or the other application is closed, the problem will be gone and Outlook will close normally again.

https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm