Topics

Problems with pc start and NVDA

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode. Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on. ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
Thanks.
Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Smiling?

Not sure of what OS it is that you are using, but if you are using Windows10, then just follow the steps below.

Windows10 machine out of Safe Mode using Command Prompt.

1. Open Command Prompt as administrator using the Run Dialogue:
Windows key+R for the Run Dialogue; now type exactly cmd and use the keystroke Control+Shift+Enter to open and run it as admin.

2. Type exactly what it is below:
bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
and hit the Enter key. This will turn off Safe Mode.

3. Close the Command Prompt window and reboot, (Windows+X & R for reboot). Your computer should start up back in its normal mode.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristina Ebetiuc
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 0:27
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA

Hi
I have a big problem.
I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode. Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on. ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
Thanks.
Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......

Cristina Ebetiuc

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not safe mode what then? Thank you for help

Am 28.07.2020 um 10:49 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:

Not sure of what OS it is that you are using, but if you are using Windows10, then just follow the steps below.

Windows key+R for the Run Dialogue; now type exactly cmd and use the keystroke Control+Shift+Enter to open and run it as admin.

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
and hit the Enter key. This will turn off Safe Mode.

3. Close the Command Prompt window and reboot, (Windows+X & R for reboot). Your computer should start up back in its normal mode.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Smiling?

I went down and reread what you initially posted, and if you're actually at a password, where the system is asking you for the password, did you even use a password before all of this?

If not Safe Mode? I don't understand what it is that you mean. Didn't you say that you went I'm guessing to msconfig and make it so your computer would boot into Safe Mode right? That's the only reason we're even talking about it, but if you truly weren't actually trying to make it boot into Safe Mode and it's now asking you for a password. Trip trip trippy. Maybe this is all due to that registery file you spoke of. Is that when all of this pretty much started?

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:27
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not safe mode what then? Thank you for help

bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and hit the Enter key. This
will turn off Safe Mode.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Christina, try reentering your password, but first, make sure the edit box is blank. Use your delete key and your backspace key to make sure. Then, retry your password.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Quentin Christensen

As well as Ann's suggestion, it might be worth double checking that you are in fact signing in with the user account you think you are signing in with.  I only have one account on mine, but from memory, if you tab through that login screen, you should get to either an account option, or a list of accounts.  Also, if for some reason your PC doesn't have internet access, and you are signing in with a Microsoft account, you will need to use the password you last used ON THAT PC (just in case you changed it somewhere else) - note that only applies if the PC doesn't have an internet connection and you are logging into a Microsoft account, not a local account.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 10:11 PM Ann Parsons <akp@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Christina, try reentering your password, but first, make sure the edit
box is blank.  Use your delete key and your backspace key to make sure.
Then, retry your password.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Portal Tutoring web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey what is the difference between delete and backspace? Ah and I have seen that the pc is not in safe mode it just does not accept my paswords and the screen goes black because of NVDA screen curtain. I will try your tipp.  Hmmm.... I have played yesterday in the start settings of windows.... Could that cause my problem?

Am 28.07.2020 um 14:22 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:

As well as Ann's suggestion, it might be worth double checking that you are in fact signing in with the user account you think you are signing in with.  I only have one account on mine, but from memory, if you tab through that login screen, you should get to either an account option, or a list of accounts.  Also, if for some reason your PC doesn't have internet access, and you are signing in with a Microsoft account, you will need to use the password you last used ON THAT PC (just in case you changed it somewhere else) - note that only applies if the PC doesn't have an internet connection and you are logging into a Microsoft account, not a local account.

Regards

Quentin.

Hi all,

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

--
Quentin Christensen

Quentin Christensen

Delete removes the character to the right of the caret, backspace removes the character to the left.  So, if you type a letter, and immediately realise it is the wrong one, you can press backspace to remove it.  If you are reading through text, if you press the arrow keys to move to a character, the caret will be on the left of that character, and you can press delete to remove it.

So in terms of Ann's suggestion of clearing the password edit to ensure there is nothing already in there, there are a few ways to do it, one other way is to press control+a to select all then either delete or backspace will remove the selected text.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:23 AM Cristina Ebetiuc <ebetiucristina@...> wrote:
Hey what is the difference between delete and backspace? Ah and I have seen that the pc is not in safe mode it just does not accept my paswords and the screen goes black because of NVDA screen curtain. I will try your tipp.  Hmmm.... I have played yesterday in the start settings of windows.... Could that cause my problem?

Am 28.07.2020 um 14:22 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:

Regards

Quentin.

Hi all,

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

--
Quentin Christensen

--
Quentin Christensen

Smiling?

Not sure if you were ever able to get past your password misfortune, and even though you were given a few answers that I would see working for your situation, here it is again below just in case.

Clear the previous text within a password before typing in your password:

1. Do a select all command of Control+A.
2. Hitting delete will clear everything.
3. Type in your password.

Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:05
To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: RE: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA

I went down and reread what you initially posted, and if you're actually at a password, where the system is asking you for the password, did you even use a password before all of this?

If not Safe Mode? I don't understand what it is that you mean. Didn't you say that you went I'm guessing to msconfig and make it so your computer would boot into Safe Mode right? That's the only reason we're even talking about it, but if you truly weren't actually trying to make it boot into Safe Mode and it's now asking you for a password. Trip trip trippy. Maybe this is all due to that registery file you spoke of. Is that when all of this pretty much started?

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey.
No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately.... :(
What could help else?

Am 29.07.2020 um 09:04 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:

Not sure if you were ever able to get past your password misfortune, and even though you were given a few answers that I would see working for your situation, here it is again below just in case.

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Smiling?

You know, I am not sure. So what do you do? Shut down the computer? And start it backup and it goes to the asking you for the password, right?

Did you use a password in the past for your computer?
Is this nothing new for you, using a password to start your computer?

I am curious as to how you booted into your computer before this all started happening?

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 0:12

Hey.
No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately... :( What could help else?

Cristina Ebetiuc

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not safe
mode what then? Thank you for help

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Smiling?

This is using Google Translate, this is what I posted a little bit ago in German.

Weißt du, ich bin mir nicht sicher. Also, was machst du? Den Computer herunterfahren? Und starten Sie es Backup und es geht an die Frage nach dem Passwort, oder?

Haben Sie in der Vergangenheit ein Passwort für Ihren Computer verwendet?
Ist das nichts Neues für Sie, wenn Sie ein Passwort verwenden, um Ihren Computer zu starten?

Ich bin gespannt, wie Sie Ihren Computer gestartet haben, bevor dies alles begann.

Hey.
No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately... :( What could help else?

Cristina Ebetiuc

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Ja hallo!
Ja. Ich hahbe immer ein Paswort verwendet. Aber jetzt lässt es der Computer nicht mehr zu, dass ich es eingebe. Er wird immerr alsfalsch annerkannt. Verstehst du? Außerdem ist NVDA eingeschaltet und ich kann es nicht ausschalten. Der Bildschirm ist wegen des Bldschirmvorhang-Addons verdunkelt. Kein Sehender kann mir helfen und NVDA sagt nichts, also ich kann mir auch nicht helfen. Ich kenne mein Paswort ser gut. Ich habe ihn immerr gut eingegeben, aber seit gestern bekomme ich nur die Meldung, dass es falsch ist. Außerdem hat Windows ein Fehlerr beim Laden. Ich war auch in den BIOS-Einstellungen, aber da kann ich auch nichts neues machen. Ich glaube, ich muss Windows neuinstalieren oder?

Am 29.07.2020 um 11:32 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:

This is using Google Translate, this is what I posted a little bit ago in German.

Weißt du, ich bin mir nicht sicher. Also, was machst du? Den Computer herunterfahren? Und starten Sie es Backup und es geht an die Frage nach dem Passwort, oder?

Ist das nichts Neues für Sie, wenn Sie ein Passwort verwenden, um Ihren Computer zu starten?

Ich bin gespannt, wie Sie Ihren Computer gestartet haben, bevor dies alles begann.

Hey.

Cristina Ebetiuc

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Smiling?

Wow, großes Lächeln! Das ist super cool für uns, das erste Mal, dass ich es gemacht habe, was keine große Sache ist, weiß ich, lächelt.
OK, Sie haben in der Vergangenheit regelmäßig ein Passwort verwendet, aber jetzt, aus welchen Gründen auch immer, ist es immer ungenau, von dem Sie wissen,
dass es falsch ist, oder? Wann hat das angefangen?
Ich suche nach einer Möglichkeit, das Passwort zu umgehen, und glaube, ich habe einige würdige Dinge gefunden, die ich ausprobieren kann.
Hast du eine Vision? Ich frage, weil Sie in der Lage sind, in das BIOS zu gehen, wie Sie gesagt haben, oder haben Sie vielleicht Hilfe gesehen?
Dies gibt uns mehr Optionen und nein, ich glaube nicht, dass Windows neu installiert werden muss, aber wenn Sie dies tun möchten, liegt es ganz bei Ihnen,
lächelt. Schön, miteinander zu reden.

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:40

Ja hallo!
Ja. Ich hahbe immer ein Paswort verwendet. Aber jetzt lässt es der Computer nicht mehr zu, dass ich es eingebe. Er wird immerr alsfalsch annerkannt. Verstehst du? Außerdem ist NVDA eingeschaltet und ich kann es nicht ausschalten. Der Bildschirm ist wegen des Bldschirmvorhang-Addons verdunkelt. Kein Sehender kann mir helfen und NVDA sagt nichts, also ich kann mir auch nicht helfen. Ich kenne mein Paswort ser gut. Ich habe ihn immerr gut eingegeben, aber seit gestern bekomme ich nur die Meldung, dass es falsch ist. Außerdem hat Windows ein Fehlerr beim Laden. Ich war auch in den BIOS-Einstellungen, aber da kann ich auch nichts neues machen. Ich glaube, ich muss Windows neuinstalieren oder?

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey.
No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately.. :( What could help else?

Cristina Ebetiuc

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not
safe mode what then? Thank you for help

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Smiling?

Haben Sie tatsächlich versucht, Narrator zu starten, während Sie in Ihrem Passwortbereich platziert wurden?
Strg + Windows-Taste + Eingabetaste
Ein- und Ausschalten des Erzählers.

Ja hallo!

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey.
No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately.. :( What could help else?

Cristina Ebetiuc

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not
safe mode what then? Thank you for help

will turn off Safe Mode.

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi
I have a big problem.
Thanks.

Mike B

Translation please?!

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 3:12 AM

Wow, großes Lächeln! Das ist super cool für uns, das erste Mal, dass ich es gemacht habe, was keine große Sache ist, weiß ich, lächelt.
OK, Sie haben in der Vergangenheit regelmäßig ein Passwort verwendet, aber jetzt, aus welchen Gründen auch immer, ist es immer ungenau, von dem Sie wissen,
dass es falsch ist, oder? Wann hat das angefangen?
Ich suche nach einer Möglichkeit, das Passwort zu umgehen, und glaube, ich habe einige würdige Dinge gefunden, die ich ausprobieren kann.
Hast du eine Vision? Ich frage, weil Sie in der Lage sind, in das BIOS zu gehen, wie Sie gesagt haben, oder haben Sie vielleicht Hilfe gesehen?
Dies gibt uns mehr Optionen und nein, ich glaube nicht, dass Windows neu installiert werden muss, aber wenn Sie dies tun möchten, liegt es ganz bei Ihnen,
lächelt. Schön, miteinander zu reden.

Ja hallo!

> Am 29.07.2020 um 11:32 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:
>
> This is using Google Translate, this is what I posted a little bit ago in German.
>
> Weißt du, ich bin mir nicht sicher. Also, was machst du? Den Computer herunterfahren? Und starten Sie es Backup und es geht an die Frage nach dem Passwort, oder?
>
> Haben Sie in der Vergangenheit ein Passwort für Ihren Computer verwendet?
> Ist das nichts Neues für Sie, wenn Sie ein Passwort verwenden, um Ihren Computer zu starten?
>
> Ich bin gespannt, wie Sie Ihren Computer gestartet haben, bevor dies alles begann.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
> Cristina Ebetiuc
> Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 0:12
> To: main@techtalk.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA
>
> Hey.
> No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately.. :( What could help else?
>
> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>
>> Am 29.07.2020 um 09:04 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:
>>
>> Not sure if you were ever able to get past your password misfortune, and even though you were given a few answers that I would see working for your situation, here it is again below just in case.
>>
>> Clear the previous text within a password before typing in your password:
>>
>> 1. Do a select all command of Control+A.
>> 2. Hitting delete will clear everything.
>> 3. Type in your password.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Smiling? <blind7@...>
>> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 4:05
>> To: 'main@TechTalk.groups.io' <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
>> Subject: RE: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA
>>
>> I went down and reread what you initially posted, and if you're actually at a password, where the system is asking you for the password, did you even use a password before all of this?
>>
>> If not Safe Mode? I don't understand what it is that you mean. Didn't you say that you went I'm guessing to msconfig and make it so your computer would boot into Safe Mode right? That's the only reason we're even talking about it, but if you truly weren't actually trying to make it boot into Safe Mode and it's now asking you for a password. Trip trip trippy. Maybe this is all due to that registery file you spoke of. Is that when all of this pretty much started?
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
>> Cristina Ebetiuc
>> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:27
>> To: main@techtalk.groups.io
>> Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA
>>
>> I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not
>> safe mode what then? Thank you for help
>>
>> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>>
>>>> Am 28.07.2020 um 10:49 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:
>>>
>>> Not sure of what OS it is that you are using, but if you are using Windows10, then just follow the steps below.
>>>
>>> Windows10 machine out of Safe Mode using Command Prompt.
>>>
>>> 1. Open Command Prompt as administrator using the Run Dialogue:
>>> Windows key+R for the Run Dialogue; now type exactly cmd and use the keystroke Control+Shift+Enter to open and run it as admin.
>>>
>>> 2. Type exactly what it is below:
>>> bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and hit the Enter key. This
>>> will turn off Safe Mode.
>>>
>>> 3. Close the Command Prompt window and reboot, (Windows+X & R for reboot). Your computer should start up back in its normal mode.
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
>>> Cristina Ebetiuc
>>> Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 0:27
>>> To: main@techtalk.groups.io
>>> Subject: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> I have a big problem.
>>> I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode.  Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just  does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on.  ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
>>> Thanks.
>>> Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......
>>>
>>> Von meinem iPhone gesendet
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>