From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristina Ebetiuc
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 0:27
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Problems with pc start and NVDA

Hi
I have a big problem.
I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode. Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on. ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
Thanks.
Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Cristina Ebetiuc

I did exactely as you said. It seems not to work. Ok if it is not safe mode what then? Thank you for help

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 28.07.2020 um 10:49 schrieb Smiling? <blind7@...>:

Not sure of what OS it is that you are using, but if you are using Windows10, then just follow the steps below.

Windows10 machine out of Safe Mode using Command Prompt.

1. Open Command Prompt as administrator using the Run Dialogue:
Windows key+R for the Run Dialogue; now type exactly cmd and use the keystroke Control+Shift+Enter to open and run it as admin.

2. Type exactly what it is below:
bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
and hit the Enter key. This will turn off Safe Mode.

3. Close the Command Prompt window and reboot, (Windows+X & R for reboot). Your computer should start up back in its normal mode.

I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode. Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on. ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
Thanks.
Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Smiling?

I went down and reread what you initially posted, and if you're actually at a password, where the system is asking you for the password, did you even use a password before all of this?

If not Safe Mode? I don't understand what it is that you mean. Didn't you say that you went I'm guessing to msconfig and make it so your computer would boot into Safe Mode right? That's the only reason we're even talking about it, but if you truly weren't actually trying to make it boot into Safe Mode and it's now asking you for a password. Trip trip trippy. Maybe this is all due to that registery file you spoke of. Is that when all of this pretty much started?

I think, I have started my pc into safe-mode. Ihave justt restarted the pc and now it does not say anything. There are only the log-in options on the braille display. When I try to enter the pin it says that there is an error and I can‘t read more because when I try to go a line down with the braille display it just does nothing. Well and the other problem that the screen courtain is turned on. ...... Ah and also after I have reseted the Mikrosoft pasword it still says that it is not right. Does anybody have a solving?
Thanks.
Oh and I also did a registry patch inorder for NVDA to function in the safe.mode but now.... well.... I can‘t hear nothing. Well I did not intend to boot into safe.mode. I just think that is the problem......

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Christina, try reentering your password, but first, make sure the edit box is blank. Use your delete key and your backspace key to make sure. Then, retry your password.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Quentin Christensen

As well as Ann's suggestion, it might be worth double checking that you are in fact signing in with the user account you think you are signing in with.  I only have one account on mine, but from memory, if you tab through that login screen, you should get to either an account option, or a list of accounts.  Also, if for some reason your PC doesn't have internet access, and you are signing in with a Microsoft account, you will need to use the password you last used ON THAT PC (just in case you changed it somewhere else) - note that only applies if the PC doesn't have an internet connection and you are logging into a Microsoft account, not a local account.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 10:11 PM Ann Parsons <akp@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Christina, try reentering your password, but first, make sure the edit
box is blank.  Use your delete key and your backspace key to make sure.
Then, retry your password.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey what is the difference between delete and backspace? Ah and I have seen that the pc is not in safe mode it just does not accept my paswords and the screen goes black because of NVDA screen curtain. I will try your tipp.  Hmmm.... I have played yesterday in the start settings of windows.... Could that cause my problem?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 28.07.2020 um 14:22 schrieb Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>:

[...]

Delete removes the character to the right of the caret, backspace removes the character to the left.  So, if you type a letter, and immediately realise it is the wrong one, you can press backspace to remove it.  If you are reading through text, if you press the arrow keys to move to a character, the caret will be on the left of that character, and you can press delete to remove it.

So in terms of Ann's suggestion of clearing the password edit to ensure there is nothing already in there, there are a few ways to do it, one other way is to press control+a to select all then either delete or backspace will remove the selected text.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:23 AM Cristina Ebetiuc <ebetiucristina@...> wrote:
[...]

Not sure if you were ever able to get past your password misfortune, and even though you were given a few answers that I would see working for your situation, here it is again below just in case.

Clear the previous text within a password before typing in your password:

1. Do a select all command of Control+A.
2. Hitting delete will clear everything.
3. Type in your password.

[...]

No. Instill have problems. He justt can‘t accept the pasword and I have deleted everything and rezenteres it many times. But unfortunately.... :(
What could help else?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet