From: Fanus
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2020 3:51 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Properties show two disk sizes

Hello list
When I activate "this PC" and I select properties when pointing to a hard
disk or even a folder it shows two sizes i.e. the Windows folder on my
C-drive shows a size of 4.8 GB and a size of 6.22 GB. Can someone explain
this and which reading is correct?
Regards
Fanus

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Mike & Fanus,

That's exactly what they are, and the first figure is (provided column order has not been rearranged from default) total size and the second free space.

When I'm using NVDA it announces what the number is (e.g., Total size) before the value is announced.

The question raises a more basic question. How are you reading the columns? They all have explanatory text that is read. If you don't hear the text read, the question is why?

Howard Traxler

How does one turn off the reading of those column headers in NVDA? It get a little verbose to hear it each time I read across a line in "this pc" or "file explorer".

Thanks.
Howard

On 11/1/2020 10:24 AM, Gene wrote:
The question raises a more basic question.  How are you reading the columns? They all have explanatory text that is read.  If you don't hear the text read, the question is why?

Fanus

Hello Brian

I forgot to mention that I am using JAWS, so when I activate the JAWS cursor in properties and read line by line from the bottom there are two lines, each showing a different disk size. I wonder if it is a JAWS issue.