When I activate "this PC" and I select properties when pointing to a hard
disk or even a folder it shows two sizes i.e. the Windows folder on my
C-drive shows a size of 4.8 GB and a size of 6.22 GB. Can someone explain
this and which reading is correct?
Regards
Fanus

Mike B

Hi Fanus,

1 is probably the used space of the drive and the other is probabably the free space you have left .

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2020 3:51 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Properties show two disk sizes

Hello list
When I activate "this PC" and I select properties when pointing to a hard
disk or even a folder it shows two sizes i.e. the Windows folder on my
C-drive shows a size of 4.8 GB and a size of 6.22 GB. Can someone explain
this and which reading is correct?
Regards
Fanus

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Mike & Fanus,

That's exactly what they are, and the first figure is (provided column order has not been rearranged from default) total size and the second free space.

When I'm using NVDA it announces what the number is (e.g., Total size) before the value is announced.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

Gene

The question raises a more basic question. How are you reading the columns? They all have explanatory text that is read. If you don't hear the text read, the question is why?

Gene

-----Original Message-----

Howard Traxler

How does one turn off the reading of those column headers in NVDA? It get a little verbose to hear it each time I read across a line in "this pc" or "file explorer".

Thanks.
Howard

On 11/1/2020 10:24 AM, Gene wrote:
The question raises a more basic question.  How are you reading the columns? They all have explanatory text that is read.  If you don't hear the text read, the question is why?

Gene
-----Original Message-----

Fanus

Hello Brian

I forgot to mention that I am using JAWS, so when I activate the JAWS cursor in properties and read line by line from the bottom there are two lines, each showing a different disk size. I wonder if it is a JAWS issue.

Regards

Fanus

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2020 6:22 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Properties show two disk sizes

Mike & Fanus,

That's exactly what they are, and the first figure is (provided column order has not been rearranged from default) total size and the second free space.

When I'm using NVDA it announces what the number is (e.g., Total size) before the value is announced.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com