I bought my iPhone 11 about two weeks ago and it has no home button. I have already gotten used to living without the home button.

As mentioned, you turn voiceover on by pressing the power button on the side three times. The rest is just a matter of swiping and getting used to the haptic feedback you will feel and hear.

Victor

On Nov 6, 2019, at 6:05 AM, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

Correctiokn
a Home Button

To turn onto triple click the power button. Swipe up with one finger til you feel and hear the ffirst haptic sound to go to home screen. One finger swipe up til you feel and hear second haptick to app switcher. There are good articles on all this on the Apple vis web site.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Wilkins" <soundsam@...>
To: <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 6:31 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Question about iPhones without a Home Button

Hello all, my brother, who is also blind, is considering a new iPhone. However, the latest iPhones do not have a home button. I was wondering how you use an iPhone without a home button, especially when it comes to turning on VoiceOver. Thank you in advance.

Sugar Lopez

Hello Victor
I agree. If and when I turn off voice over, I ask serie to shut it off or on. Smile
Then swipe up half way to close aps or whatever and to close something all the way out I swipe all the way up, well, more than half way up.
Usually it is a double tap here and a double tap there..smile

Since the Iphone 10r was my first phone ever, I don't miss the "home" button
Have a good one
Sugar

“A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at them.”
😉
Sugar