Topics

question about survey site

Shelly Kane

Hi Group:

I joined Opinion Outpost to try and make a little extra cash by answering market research questions.  I know it doesn't pay very much but any little bit will help.  Since I joined the site, I have gotten some surveys which I have done but what happens before the survey even comes up is that you have to answer questions to see if you even qualify.  They will also tell you after you answered all of the qualifying questions that they have enough surveys and you don't need to do it.  It just seems pointless to have all of these before survey questions.  Have any of you ever experienced this?  I'm trying to get points and I can't even get there because they either have enough or I don't qualify for that particular survey.  Just checking to see if any of you have experienced this.  Thanks!

Shelly

Ron Canazzi

Hi Shelly,

I tried one of these sites way back in the windows 95 days in the late 1990's.  I got the same result.  You were supposed to make two dollars for every survey you responded to.  It's so long ago, I can't even remember what it was called. I did a few surveys and never got any response and a few months later, the site shut down.

I am not saying that all such sites are bad, but I would bet there's a lot of scams of that nature out there.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Shelly Kane

Thanks for letting me know.  I got this from a job listing on line.  I'm getting aggravated because when I go to take a survey they have all of these preliminary questions to see if you qualify.  I think it's a waste of time.  I wish they would be honest before you sign up.

Shelly

On 3/29/2020 7:20 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
[...]

Gerald Levy

Most of these online survey sites are probably just scams designed to get your personal information.  I don't know anyone who has ever earned a dime participating in these so-called surveys.  It is best to avoid them.

Gerald