Topics

Question about using the CrowdCompass IOS app

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

I want to start using the CrowdCompass IOS app for the NFB convention. Does anyone know where to get detailed accessible help to learn how?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

wendy Sheld-Walker

I've played around with it so if you have a specific question maybe I
can help. When you first download it, you type in nfb2020 in the
search (keeping in mind it is lower case and all one word) then in the
event ID you type nfb2020 in again. It will ask you to enter the info
you registered for the convention with (I don't remember if you can
look at it without at least entering some info) then it will take you
to your profile screen. You can enter as much or as little as you want
others to see (or none at all). The info for the convention is very
accessible. When you are in the schedule of events, if you double tap
on an event you are interested in, it has a Zoom link to that event, a
description of it and you can set a reminder for that event and even
add it to a schedule of things you want to attend. Like I said it is
one of the most accessible event apps I've come across.

You can also use the website for the event :
event.CrowdCompass.com/nfb20
Event password: nfb2020

Wendy

On 7/12/20, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:
Hi,

I want to start using the CrowdCompass IOS app for the NFB convention. Does
anyone know where to get detailed accessible help to learn how?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

heather albright

I wanted to know if their is going to be exhibit hall or how that works? I have been playing around with it and there is nothing for exhibit hall. Are we going to have this?

[...]

In the app, below the Agenda and Sponsors you will find the Exhibitors
button. That will take you to an alphabetical list of the exhibitors.
Was that what you were asking?

Wendy

On 7/12/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
[...]

lynn white

I assume that you are registered with the convention and please don’t think that I’m talking down to anyone.
If you haven’t already, log into the app with the credentials you were sent from NFB.
I think that the first thing that is shown are the exhibitors. Once again, you will need to log in with the code that is sent via text or email. Once you verify with the code, you can see a list of exhibitors.
I’ll not totally sure what happens from there. This is definitely new. So, we’ll all have to help each other and try as we go.

On Jul 12, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want to start using the CrowdCompass IOS app for the NFB convention. Does anyone know where to get detailed accessible help to learn how?

Thanks,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

heather albright

Noticed I have 8 notifications, how can I delete them after I have read them? I used the rotor and the notifications will not go away! Heather

[...]

I just tried and I cannot get them to delete either, somewhat annoying.

[...]

Do you know the name of this app? I was interested in trying it out.

Ashley Breger

On Jul 12, 2020, at 10:10 PM, wendy Sheld-Walker <wenincal@...> wrote:

[...]

It’s called
CrowdCompass AttendeeHub
In the App Store.

On Jul 12, 2020, at 9:13 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io <ashbreger=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

I found contacts so i shared my contact. it saids export, so if I export, does that mean they will be added in to my iphone contacts? I turned the rotor to hents and it did not say! If it does, man that would be so great! cheers Heather

[...]

How do you find members on the app, it did not even find my info. My friend subscribed to the nfb with his info and we cant find his on the app! Is this broken? Heather

[...]

I'm not sure how often the attendee list is updated on the app. For
instance, if the list is updated hourly or daily, maybe your friend
was not in the list right away. Also, the list is by last name but if
your friend accidentally put their last name first or mistyped it then
it will be hard to find. I found yours and my name easily. If you
want, I can help look for your friend's name in the attendee list. The
section index on the right side of the iPhone screen makes it somewhat
quicker to scroll through.

Wendy

On 7/13/20, heather albright <kd5cbl@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I just thought of another thing that might be your friends
problem. They might have accidentally selected the option to keep
their profile private and that would explain why they are not showing
up in the attendee list.

Wendy

On 7/13/20, wendy Walker <wenincal@...> wrote:
[...]

I am trying to see where the contacts are exported too. I cant find them when I search my phone contacts! So where are the contacts being exported too? Thanks Heather

[...]

I'm going to list the steps I took and see if it's the info you're
looking for, if not let me know: I went to the attendee list, found a
friend and clicked on their name. I then clicked on add them as a
contact. I believe the friend then has to go into the menu on the main
page where you look at your notifications but their is also a button
that says contacts. Once they go into contacts they will see all
people who have requested them as contacts and they have to confirm
them. In this same Contact list there is an export button at the top.
once you select it, you can then click on some or all of the names to
export to your phone's contact list. This is all I did but I believe
the key here is that the person has to confirm your request before
their info can be downloaded off the app. Hope this helps.

[...]

Oh, thank you that helped! So maybe an apple question but, how come they do not just add to my contacts under i cloud, it makes it's own set of contacts!

[...]

Also, I was wondering how to add the contact info from the exhibitors. I would like to have their contact info in my phone! If not, guess I can manually add them! Thanks, Heather

[...]

I guess the contacts downloaded from the convention app are viewed as
a separate group in the contacts on your phone. There is probably a
setting in your phone to migrate them over to your regular contact
list. As far as the exhibitors contact info there really doesn't seem
to be a way to save them like that of individuals. Some exhibitors
have downloadable pdf's at the bottom of their contact info but I do
not know what those contain. If you were on your computer using the
website you could cut and paste the contact info easily to a document
but on the phone it is more cumbersome. It's a shame that feature was
not implemented.

[...]

Oh, is this available over the computer? I wondered as not everyone has a smart phone. I could than add all the exhibiters in to a file off my pc! I was just thinking about that when I was reading your message! cheers Heather

[...]

Yes the website is:
event.CrowdCompass.com/nfb20

Event password: nfb2020

keeping in mind in the computer link it is just 20 and not 2020