Topics

Question regarding the VIP 3000 talking thermostat.

Barb O'Connor

Hello listers. First of all, hopefully I’ve given you the right information so you can answer my question. I think that is the correct number of the talking thermostat.

The service message has come up on my thermostat. I can’t remember how to clear it and have no idea where my instructions are at this point. Can someone please give me a step-by-step summary of how to change this so I can clear it from the thermostat.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Barb
Sent from my iPhone

Robin Frost

Hi,

Going from memory here it's been a while since i had one. But try holding down is it the yes and no buttons together for ten seconds or just the no button? For some reason I think it's one of those. Sorry I can't be more specific. The old brain is failing me.

Take good care.

Robin

On 9/21/2020 3:19 PM, Barb O'Connor wrote:
Hello listers. First of all, hopefully I’ve given you the right information so you can answer my question. I think that is the correct number of the talking thermostat.

The service message has come up on my thermostat. I can’t remember how to clear it and have no idea where my instructions are at this point. Can someone please give me a step-by-step summary of how to change this so I can clear it from the thermostat.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Barb
Sent from my iPhone

Mike B

Hi Barb,

While the message is playing press the, * No *, button for, 8 to 10 seconds.
You can't permanently disable this feature, so whenever this message comes up you'll have to do this.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

Hello listers. First of all, hopefully I’ve given you the right information so you can answer my question. I think that is the correct number of the talking thermostat.

The service message has come up on my thermostat. I can’t remember how to  clear it and have no idea where my instructions are at this point. Can someone please give me a step-by-step summary of how to change this so I can clear it from the thermostat.

Thank you so much for your quick response.

Barb
Sent from my iPhone

Barb O'Connor

Mike, thank you so much that did the trick. Yes, I realize that I’m going to have to do this every time the message comes up but thanks for the reminder.

Barb

On Sep 21, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike,

Bless you for the rescue I knew I might have been wrong maybe yes and no turns off the change filter message?

Now that'll drive me crazy.  I'm glad you saved the day and Barb sorry for my inaccuracy.

Robin