Topics

Questions about Setting up an email list

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

I have some questions about starting an email list, especially using GoogleGroups.

How long does it take to create one?

How hard it is to set it up?

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

The process is pretty straight forward. I recently created two Google Groups, it took about 90 minutes, but that’s mainly because I’m too thorough and wanted to take care of every small detail.

Good luck!

Vlad.

Gene

Is there any particular reason you want to use Google? Among blind group owners, and I suspect in general, Groups.io is very popular. There has been a mass migration of groups run by blind people from other hosts to Groups.io.

The process is pretty straight forward. I recently created two Google Groups, it took about 90 minutes, but that’s mainly because I’m too thorough and wanted to take care of every small detail.

Good luck!

Vlad.

joseph hudson

Hi Sharon, the Google groups website is a really weird site to work I will tell you, groups.io is much easier than Google groups. I've definitely looked at both on iOS and windows. And I have a better time and using Google groups or even a mailman list serve for that matter is even easier than Google groups.

On Jul 2, 2020, at 8:21 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

Hi,

I have some questions about starting an email list, especially using GoogleGroups.

How long does it take to create one?

How hard it is to set it up?

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Damien Garwood

Hi Joseph,
I don't know about Mailman, I always found that a pain unless it was already provided on a webhost platform. But I can totally agree with you in so far as googlegroups versus groups.io. Groups.io all the way.
Cheers,
Damien.