ram flavour

Monte Single

Hi List,

Curious George here, again.

What flavour of ram are the new pcs and laptops using?

Is ddr4 still the flavour of the day or has ddr5 or x or xx now in use?

Cheers,

Mont

John Holcomb II

DDR4 for the most part, some older ones that a are refurb or used have DDR3.

John

What flavour of ram are the new pcs and laptops using?

Is ddr4 still the flavour of the day or has ddr5 or x or xx now in use?

Cheers,

Mont

Monte Single

OK,

So, if I purchase a new pc or laptop,  I would expect it to have  ddr4 ram?

DDR4 for the most part, some older ones that a are refurb or used have DDR3.

John

What flavour of ram are the new pcs and laptops using?

Is ddr4 still the flavour of the day or has ddr5 or x or xx now in use?

Cheers,

Mont

John Holcomb II

Yeah.

DDR5 literally just came out, and I’m not even sure anyone is supporting it yet.

John