Reading BRF files on the computer

Vicki W

Hi,

Is there a program that will read BRF formatted files on the computer, something like QRead, although I know QRead does not read this format.

Thank you.

Vicki

john s

QRead will read .pdf files if they are text.  If they are image files, I think I think they need to be scanned with an OCR program.

At 05:16 PM 8/22/2021, Vicki W, wrote:
Hi,

Is there a program that will read BRF formatted files on the computer, something like QRead, although I know QRead does not read this format.

Thank you.

Vicki

                 John

Vicki W

Not PDF, BRF.

QRead will read .pdf files if they are text.  If they are image files, I think I think they need to be scanned with an OCR program.

At 05:16 PM 8/22/2021, Vicki W, wrote:
Hi,

Is there a program that will read BRF formatted files on the computer, something like QRead, although I know QRead does not read this format.

Thank you.

Vicki

                 John

Josh Kennedy

you can use send to braille to back-translate the brf to a readable text format:

http://tech.aph.org/lt

Vicki W

Sounds like what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Vicki

you can use send to braille to back-translate the brf to a readable text format:

http://tech.aph.org/lt

Howard Traxler

The very early versions of the Duxbury Braille translator produced .brf files that you could send to your embosser.  All they are is ASCII text files containing translated Braille.  They can be read by any text editor.  This would include NotePad, WordPad, Jart, or even a word processor.  Ideal to read on a Braille display.  However, if you have your screen reader/Braille display set to grade 2, you could get some strange results.

Howard

On 8/23/2021 5:20 AM, Vicki W wrote:
Not PDF, BRF.