reading .PDF files

Vicki W

Hi,

What is everyone using to read .PDF files? I have been using Reader DC, but I'm having several issues using it as of a few days ago. Any recommendations for something else?

Thanks.

Vicki

Gene

What browser are you using?  Many browsers read PDF files.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 1:36 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] reading .PDF files

Hi,

What is everyone using to read .PDF files? I have been using Reader DC, but I'm having several issues using it as of a few days ago. Any recommendations for something else?

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

I'm using Chrome, Edge, Brave and Firefox. The files I'm trying to read are files I have downloaded and have always worked before with no problem.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] reading .PDF files

Gene

Hi,

Thanks.

Vicki

Gene

You can try the following:
You can use any of those browsers.  I’ve used Edge and people seem to like Edge for this purpose.  I don’t know if its better but I’ve seen a comment or two that it is.

Use control o for open file.  That works in any browser you mentioned. 
A standard open dialog opens.  Use it to open the file you want on your machine.
See if you can move down and read it.  You will see controls and other items before you get to the file but if you kkeep down arrowing, the text will begin if the file has text. 

It may take a little while for the text to become available but the wait is far shorter than in Adobe.  Just continuing to down arrow will cause you to begin moving through the text when the document is fully opened.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:09 PM

I'm using Chrome, Edge, Brave and Firefox. The files I'm trying to read are files I have downloaded and have always worked before with no problem.

Gene

Hi,

Thanks.

Vicki

heather albright

If you have k1000 it will read these files! Or if you have voice dream the app in the windows store,  it will read them. Usually brave will open the file and read it. Brave has an OCR or accessibility feature. Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Gene

Hi,

Thanks.

Vicki