Topics

Realtek Driver With Equalizer

Mike B

Howdy,

Below is the download link for the Realtek driver with equalizer I use when necessary to fix a Realtek soundcard problem if this problem pops up.  Read the instruction text file before attempting the executable.  If you don't follow the instructions you'll get an error message when trying to install.  I use this driver for both Windows 7 & 10 64 bit Pro systems.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Monte Single

Can I control the trebble and bass levels using the equalizer.  My bose Bluetooth has too much bass by itself.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: December-02-19 8:51 PM
To: TechTalk <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Subject: [TechTalk] Realtek Driver With Equalizer

Howdy,

Below is the download link for the Realtek driver with equalizer I use when necessary to fix a Realtek soundcard problem if this problem pops up.  Read the instruction text file before attempting the executable.  If you don't follow the instructions you'll get an error message when trying to install.  I use this driver for both Windows 7 & 10 64 bit Pro systems.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Smiling?

Yes, you can adjust the equalizer to your liking for bass which would be 1 and Q to adjust accordingly, and 0 and P for treble.

Use the following hot keys in the WinAmp Equalizer (for JAWS users):

To open/close the equalizer, press Alt+G.

To enable/disable the equalizer after it is opened, press N.

To toggle equalizer auto-loading, press A.

To open the presets menu, press S.

To increase the equalizer bands, press 1 through 0 on Numeric Row.

To decrease the equalizer bands, press Q through P.

To increase the equalizer  PreAmp, press GROV ACCENT.

To decrease the equalizer PreAmp, press TAB.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:17 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Realtek Driver With Equalizer

Can I control the trebble and bass levels using the equalizer.  My bose Bluetooth has too much bass by itself.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B

Howdy,

Monte Single

Wow!

Trebble and base, volume and separation I know.

What are extra/other bands?

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Smiling?
Sent: December-03-19 4:12 AM

Yes, you can adjust the equalizer to your liking for bass which would be 1 and Q to adjust accordingly, and 0 and P for treble.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single

Howdy,

Gene

Since the message below the question is about the Realtech equalizer, it can't be assumed that the Winamp equalizer is being discussed. 

But the answer, whichever equalizer it is, is yes.  The Realtech equalizer must be accessible or Mike wouldn't have provided a means to get it.  That's what all equalizers do, adjust different frequency bands of sound so you can customize the sound as you wish.  Base and trebble controls are, in a way, very crude equalizers.  They adjust bass and trebble but not with anywhere near the fine control of equalizers, which have five bands, ten bands, and some may have more, I never checked.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 4:12 AM

Howdy,

Smiling?

Smiles, you must have meant bass, not base and a pre-amp will adjust one’s levels to how far or how little one would need to turn up the actual volume knob to get to the levels one would want. If you do not understand it, it’s best that you just don’t mess with it, but if you want, play with it all you want and just remember where it was prior to your messing with it so you can return it to the very same levels if desired.

Haven’t you ever seen and played with an actual equalizer before? The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies (treble) and this is true for all equalizers, but how your individual ears hear is going to be different than the rest of us. So adjust them to your liking however that may turn out to be.

Sent: Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:55 AM

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Smiling?

Howdy,

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.  Here's the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ajtow4apkjm3j/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe?dl=1

If you face any problem installing or using it, just ask.  Cheers and Enjoy.

On 12/4/2019 7:24 PM, Smiling? wrote:

Smiles, you must have meant bass, not base and a pre-amp will adjust one’s levels to how far or how little one would need to turn up the actual volume knob to get to the levels one would want. If you do not understand it, it’s best that you just don’t mess with it, but if you want, play with it all you want and just remember where it was prior to your messing with it so you can return it to the very same levels if desired.

Haven’t you ever seen and played with an actual equalizer before? The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies (treble) and this is true for all equalizers, but how your individual ears hear is going to be different than the rest of us. So adjust them to your liking however that may turn out to be.

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

Monte Single

Yes, I think they used to be part of those monster stereo systems that required three or four shelves for all the components. You know, like in the sixties;  or, was that the seventies??

Sent: December-04-19 5:25 AM

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

Mike B

Hi Jaffar,

Does this driver have the equalizer?  Also, glad to hear your family and country is doing better.  They're still in our prayers and will continue to be.

Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 4:47 AM

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.  Here's the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ajtow4apkjm3j/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R282.exe?dl=1

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Mike.  Indeed It does.  O and i must straighten this out.  I am a Singaporean actually.  I am married to a girl from the philippines and she and our five kids live there while I stay in singapore to work and support the family.  I go back to see them twice a year, once for my wife's birthday, and once for christmas, and I will uproot myself from Singapore to live in the philippines once i am retired.  Thanks again, all of you for your prayers.  They have indeed been invaluable to us.  Cheers!

On 12/4/2019 9:57 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi Jaffar,

Does this driver have the equalizer?  Also, glad to hear your family and country is doing better.  They're still in our prayers and will continue to be.

Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 4:47 AM

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

Fred Adams

Jeffar, If you are not using Real Tech now, what are you using if you do not
mind me asking? I am thinking of trying something different from real tech
myself and so I am quite interested.

Thanks much,

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar
Sidek
Sent: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 7:48 AM

Hi. I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using
RealTech anymore. But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1ajtow4apkjm3j/0009-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R
282.exe?dl=1

If you face any problem installing or using it, just ask. Cheers and Enjoy.

Smiles, you must have meant bass, not base and a pre-amp will adjust
one's levels to how far or how little one would need to turn up the actual
volume knob to get to the levels one would want. If you do not understand
it, it's best that you just don't mess with it, but if you want, play with
it all you want and just remember where it was prior to your messing with it
so you can return it to the very same levels if desired.

Haven't you ever seen and played with an actual equalizer before?
The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower
frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are going to be for midrange
frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies
(treble) and this is true for all equalizers, but how your individual ears
hear is going to be different than the rest of us. So adjust them to your
liking however that may turn out to be.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>
[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Smiling?

Yes, you can adjust the equalizer to your liking for bass which
would be 1 and Q to adjust accordingly, and 0 and P for treble.

To increase the equalizer PreAmp, press GROV ACCENT.

Can I control the trebble and bass levels using the equalizer. My
bose Bluetooth has too much bass by itself.

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
<mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io>

Howdy,

Below is the download link for the Realtek driver with equalizer I
use when necessary to fix a Realtek soundcard problem if this problem pops
up. Read the instruction text file before attempting the executable. If
you don't follow the instructions you'll get an error message when trying to
install. I use this driver for both Windows 7 & 10 64 bit Pro systems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/std18e9c1y2unfi/Real%20Tek%20With%20Equalizer%20Dr
iver.zip?dl=1
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/std18e9c1y2unfi/Real%20Tek%20With%20Equalizer%20D
river.zip?dl=1>

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.
In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

Gene

It may be heresey to say so, but I’ve compared Realtech with two good external sound cards, both in the seventy dollar range about ten years ago.  I find Realtech audio superior.  I haven’t listened on good speakers but I have on good headphones.  And on the cheap speaker I listened on, I still liked Realtech better.  So, by all means, try other sound cards if you wish, but you may find that you agree with me.  I was curious about my findings and I found a post on an audio forum where someone else also said that on his headphones, Realtech sounds better than his external sound card.

That’s only two opinions but it shows that at least one other person agrees.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2019 1:22 PM

mind me asking?  I am thinking of trying something different from real tech

Thanks much,

Sidek

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using
RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

282.exe?dl=1

frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Can I control the trebble and bass levels using the equalizer.  My

Howdy,

up.  Read the instruction text file before attempting the executable.  If
install.  I use this driver for both Windows 7 & 10 64 bit Pro systems.

iver.zip?dl=1
river.zip?dl=1>

Fred Adams

Gene, thanks much. I have much respect for your opinions and I am beginning to reconsider all of my options starting today. So far I just do not know what to do about restoring Real Tech and starting all over again. So far, all of the drivers suggested to me have done nothing but maybe cause the problem to worsen. I really appreciate your suggestions though.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:55 AM

It may be heresey to say so, but I’ve compared Realtech with two good external sound cards, both in the seventy dollar range about ten years ago. I find Realtech audio superior. I haven’t listened on good speakers but I have on good headphones. And on the cheap speaker I listened on, I still liked Realtech better. So, by all means, try other sound cards if you wish, but you may find that you agree with me. I was curious about my findings and I found a post on an audio forum where someone else also said that on his headphones, Realtech sounds better than his external sound card.

Gene

Jeffar, If you are not using Real Tech now, what are you using if you do not mind me asking? I am thinking of trying something different from real tech myself and so I am quite interested.

Thanks much,

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek

Hi. I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using RealTech anymore. But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

282.exe?dl=1

If you face any problem installing or using it, just ask. Cheers and Enjoy.

Smiles, you must have meant bass, not base and a pre-amp will adjust one's levels to how far or how little one would need to turn up the actual volume knob to get to the levels one would want. If you do not understand it, it's best that you just don't mess with it, but if you want, play with it all you want and just remember where it was prior to your messing with it so you can return it to the very same levels if desired.

The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are going to be for midrange frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies
(treble) and this is true for all equalizers, but how your individual ears hear is going to be different than the rest of us. So adjust them to your liking however that may turn out to be.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

To increase the equalizer PreAmp, press GROV ACCENT.

Can I control the trebble and bass levels using the equalizer. My

Howdy,

up. Read the instruction text file before attempting the executable. If
install. I use this driver for both Windows 7 & 10 64 bit Pro systems.

iver.zip?dl=1
river.zip?dl=1>

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go Rams!

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Fred.  I am using my Mac's native sound card for speech and normal listening, and for music, recording and production, I use the Focusrite Second gen audio interface.  Cheers

On 12/5/2019 2:55 PM, Gene wrote:
It may be heresey to say so, but I’ve compared Realtech with two good external sound cards, both in the seventy dollar range about ten years ago.  I find Realtech audio superior.  I haven’t listened on good speakers but I have on good headphones.  And on the cheap speaker I listened on, I still liked Realtech better.  So, by all means, try other sound cards if you wish, but you may find that you agree with me.  I was curious about my findings and I found a post on an audio forum where someone else also said that on his headphones, Realtech sounds better than his external sound card.

Gene

mind me asking?  I am thinking of trying something different from real tech

Thanks much,

Sidek

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using
RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

282.exe?dl=1

frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

iver.zip?dl=1
river.zip?dl=1>

Gene

Thank you.  Keep in mind that I haven't done these things and those who have have practical experience in the matter.  I have no way of knowing, but with all the problems you are having, I'm suspicious that there is something wrong with the soundcard itself.  Of course, there is no harm in continuing to experiment but you may want to get an external soundcard so you can experiment and not los4e speech.

A question I'd b e interested in and which may help you is whether those who have used cheap sound cards find them suitable for music listening through good speakers.  If not, are there opinions from people who have compared at what price range you can find a good music soundcard?

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 4:28 AM

Gene, thanks much.  I have much respect for your opinions and I am beginning to reconsider all of my options starting today. So far I just do not know what to do about restoring Real Tech and starting all over again.  So far, all of the drivers suggested to me have done nothing but maybe cause the problem to worsen.  I really appreciate your suggestions though.

Gene

Jeffar, If you are not using Real Tech now, what are you using if you do not mind me asking?  I am thinking of trying something different from real tech myself and so I am quite interested.

Thanks much,

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

282.exe?dl=1

Smiles, you must have meant bass, not base and a pre-amp will adjust one's levels to how far or how little one would need to turn up the actual volume knob to get to the levels one would want. If you do not understand it, it's best that you just don't mess with it, but if you want, play with it all you want and just remember where it was prior to your messing with it so you can return it to the very same levels if desired.

The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies
(treble) and this is true for all equalizers, but how your individual ears hear is going to be different than the rest of us. So adjust them to your liking however that may turn out to be.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io> [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

iver.zip?dl=1
river.zip?dl=1>

Gene

I didn't state what I meant to say clearly at the beginning of my previous message.  I was talking about things like using drivers and recommending ways to try to solve the problem.  I already made clear in my message about sound quality that I don't know how many people share my opinion but that is what I found with my equipment. 

Also, I forgot to check my last message before sending it so I hope it doesn't have many typographical errors. Gene

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 7:13 PM

Thank you.  Keep in mind that I haven't done these things and those who have have practical experience in the matter.  I have no way of knowing, but with all the problems you are having, I'm suspicious that there is something wrong with the soundcard itself.  Of course, there is no harm in continuing to experiment but you may want to get an external soundcard so you can experiment and not los4e speech.

A question I'd b e interested in and which may help you is whether those who have used cheap sound cards find them suitable for music listening through good speakers.  If not, are there opinions from people who have compared at what price range you can find a good music soundcard?

Gene
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2019 4:28 AM

Gene, thanks much.  I have much respect for your opinions and I am beginning to reconsider all of my options starting today. So far I just do not know what to do about restoring Real Tech and starting all over again.  So far, all of the drivers suggested to me have done nothing but maybe cause the problem to worsen.  I really appreciate your suggestions though.

Gene

Jeffar, If you are not using Real Tech now, what are you using if you do not mind me asking?  I am thinking of trying something different from real tech myself and so I am quite interested.

Thanks much,

Hi.  I actually have the driver in question even though I am not using RealTech anymore.  But I have kept it handy in case there is a need for it.
Here's the dropbox link:

282.exe?dl=1

The potentiometers (the adjustable slides) on the left are for lower frequencies (bass), the ones in the middle are  going to be for midrange frequencies and the ones to the far right are for higher frequencies

Wow!

What does a preamp do?

Thanks,

Monte

Howdy,

iver.zip?dl=1
river.zip?dl=1>