Topics

Recording Separate Apps

Samuel Wilkins

Hello all, I've noticed that in windows settings, you can change the volume of individual apps, and mute ones you don't want to hear.  I was wondering, is it possible to record the audio from certain apps in isolation, for example if you want to record a radio broadcast without your speech synthesizer?  I've tried total recorder but can't get the hang of it.  Thank you.

--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins

Gene

Others who use Total Recorder may be able to tell you how to do what you want. If you are using a typical recording program, you can't do what you are describing unless you use two sound cards. But I believe Total recorder has the ability to directly encode a radio stream in whatever formats the program can encode. But that is a specialized feature.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:51 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Recording Separate Apps

Hello all, I've noticed that in windows settings, you can change the
volume of individual apps, and mute ones you don't want to hear. I was
wondering, is it possible to record the audio from certain apps in
isolation, for example if you want to record a radio broadcast without
your speech synthesizer? I've tried total recorder but can't get the
hang of it. Thank you.

--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins

Norma A. Boge

Samuel, It's been a while since I worked with Total Recorder, but I think it might have a wizard which can record a radio stream. Check out the different TR wizards, they will save you a lot of time and frustration. HTH Norma

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 1:44 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Recording Separate Apps

Others who use Total Recorder may be able to tell you how to do what you want. If you are using a typical recording program, you can't do what you are describing unless you use two sound cards. But I believe Total recorder has the ability to directly encode a radio stream in whatever formats the program can encode. But that is a specialized feature.

Gene
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:51 PM
To: TechTalk
Subject: [TechTalk] Recording Separate Apps

Hello all, I've noticed that in windows settings, you can change the volume of individual apps, and mute ones you don't want to hear. I was wondering, is it possible to record the audio from certain apps in isolation, for example if you want to record a radio broadcast without your speech synthesizer? I've tried total recorder but can't get the hang of it. Thank you.

--
Regards,

Samuel Wilkins