Topics

Refresher needed on how to switch between browsers

Nancy Hill

Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

Gene

Do you mean how to close one and run another or do you want to have both running at once?

Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to
quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

Holly

Nancy:

There should be an icon on the desktop for each browser. Just enter on the one you want to use at the time.

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Just be sure the URL of the site you want is in the clipboard, then just exit one and go to the other.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

Or for convenience, or perhaps some other reason, you can have both running. You can't have two different versions of Firefox running, I don't know about two Chrome or Chrome-based browsers but you can have Firefox and a Chrome based browser running simultaneously.

Just be sure the URL of the site you want is in the clipboard, then
just exit one and go to the other.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@sero.email
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

David Moore

You can open both browsers at the same time . You can press enter on edge from your desktop, and then press windows and m to go back to the desktop, and press enter on firefox. Now, you can simply alt tab between the two opened browsers. You can have different browser sessions opened for each browser. If you get mixed up which browser you are in, just press insert and t to hear the title of the window and it will say Firefox or edge. Make sure an icon for each browser is on your desktop. You could also create a shortcut to open each browser like alt control and f for firefox, and ALT control m for Microsoft edge. To do that, go to the icon on your desktop and press Alt plus enter. Then, just tab to the shortcut key edit box, and press the key command alt control + m4 example for edge. Then you simply could press that command to open either browser. Take care, hope that helps. I will oh thanks for doing that

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020, 7:26 PM Nancy Hill <girlyscream@...> wrote:
Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to
quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

Nancy Hill

I had no idea you could have both 'on' at once.  I was thinking to use one and then be able to switch to the other one if the need arose.

nancy

-----Original Message----- From: Nancy Hill
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2020 6:26 PM
To: TechTalk

Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to
quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

chris judge

Hi Nancy. As previously stated, you can run both browsers at the same time, or switch between them as you wish. The only thing not covered is the process for making one browser the default. Did you require the instructions for that as well?

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

Monte Single

Hi Chris,

I will add, from recent experience, you can have two browsers running at the same time, but not two screenreaders.
I did that recently and I had to unplug my pc to shut it down.
Stupid grin with egg on face.

Cheers,

Monte

Hi Nancy. As previously stated, you can run both browsers at the same time, or switch between them as you wish. The only thing not covered is the process for making one browser the default. Did you require the instructions for that as well?

Cheers.

Chris Judge

Since I have left IE behind, I now have FireFox and MSEdge on my Win10 PC.

There are definitely times when I would appreciate knowing how to quickly switch from one to another and back.

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

nancy

chris judge

Lol no, that one doesn't work to well. You should've been able to unload them without shutting down though.