Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:18 AM
Subject: You have been removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hello,

You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:

Resume Subscription

I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.

Merv Keck

This has been happening with some frequency on one of the groups I own the last few months. I’m not quite sure how to stop it from happening but it is annoying my list members quite frequently.

Merv

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam email from my Fastmail server.

You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:

Resume Subscription

I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.

Mike B

Hi Merv,

I guess the only way to stop it from happening is to go to the server and mark anything a person has in their spam folder as not being spam.  I thought that deleting it from the Fastmail server would head it off so it wouldn't reach the Groups.io server, but have you ever been wrong?!  I was, and it wasn't even the 1st time today!  LOL  LOL

[...]

Nancy Hill

Mike, I see you loud and clear!

nancy

On 7/14/2020 12:45 PM, Mike B wrote:
Hi All,

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam email from my Fastmail server.

You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:

Resume Subscription

I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.

Michael Rodgerson

Mike, coming through on this end.

Pamela Dominguez

Say what?  I don’t get this!  Because you got a spam message and deleted it, you get removed from the group?  That makes absolutely no sense to me!  Pam.

I just received the following message from Groups.io after deleting a spam email from my Fastmail server.

You have been automatically removed from main@TechTalk.groups.io because your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Boycott Multi Extra program from main@TechTalk.groups.io has been marked as spam.

We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.

You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:

Resume Subscription

I'm checking to see if I actually have been resubscribed and to see if anyone else has been removed because of spam email not sent by myself.

Pamela Dominguez

I don’t get it, since half of my regular messages that are not spam constantly end up in my spam folder and I can’t stop it.  Pam.

[...]

Laz

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
[...]

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please
everybody.

https://www.avg.com

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Mike B

Hi Laz,

That's what made it so weird!  I marked the message as, Not Spam, then deleted it.  But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam folder,.  I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it without having to move it to my In-box.

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
> Say what?  I don’t get this!  Because you got a spam message and deleted it,
> you get removed from the group?  That makes absolutely no sense to me!
> Pam.

I suspect it doesn't matter if you remove it or not. I suspect your e-mail provider automatically marked it as spam and sent a notice to that effect.

Perhaps you should find out if Fast Mail does this automatically as soon as a message is sent to the spam folder and if that behavior can be turned off. If it can't, I consider that a reason to question whether Fast Mail should be used for groups.

[...]

It can be turned off, but in the 1 and one half years I've been using this service this was only the 3rd spam message I've received and they all have been from Groups.io messsages.  However, this was the 1st time I didn't move it to the In-box, so that makes it my fault and lesson learned

when a person or more likely their email provider, marks a message
from any groups.io group as spam it makes the situation worse for all
groups.io groups in that more and more email providers automatically
start marking messages from any groups.io groups as spam. This is why
groups.io will unsubscribe you and send you that message which should
make you aware of the situation.

one can easily avoid being unsubscribed from their groups.io groups by
checking their spam/junk folders daily and marking any messages from
any groups.io groups as not spam and sending itback to the in box
instead. Of course those of you who use email clients may need to do
this on the email provider's page and not just in your email client.

If all people would contact their email providers and let them know
that they subscribed to receive those messages and let them know to
just let one decide for oneself and determine which messages are spam,
things would run a lot smoother.

I hope that clears it up a bit.

Laz

On 7/14/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
> Say what?  I don’t get this!  Because you got a spam message and deleted
> it,
> you get removed from the group?  That makes absolutely no sense to me!
> Pam.

It appears, from what you say, that a certain amount of time passes before messages that aren't moved are marked as spam, by Fast Mail. it might be a good idea to know how much time that is so users can avoid this happening by checking their spam folder on a schedule.

[...]

I wish I could just turn the spam filter off in gmail! That would be so much easier. I don't understand why gmail sends half my mail, even though it's from other people or lists that have been going into the inbox, to my spam folder. It's like it just randomly picks and chooses. Pam.

[...]

When you deleted that message is where things went from bad to worse.
You have to move it back to the in bhox.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:
[...]

It's something one has to work at. Most of what is sent to my spam
folder is actually spam although once in a while it decides something
which is not spam should be marked as spam but I just go into the spam
folder and unmark it and send it back where it belongs. Sometimes
something which has been correctly marked as spam for a long time will
show up in my in box and I just mark it as spam and send it to the
spam folder.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Pamela Dominguez <pammygirl99@...> wrote:
[...]

That's very strange. Because, since I can't get gmail to understand not to put these messages in spam, I have taken to just reading and deleting the spam messages, like they were in my inbox. I haven't gotten an unsubscribe message, yet, and I hope I don't. But it seems that, even though he has gotten the unsubscribe message, he is still here. Pam.

[...]

Gary Ketler

When I find messages in my spam folder, I move them to the inbox. I very rarely see spam messages now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

When you deleted that message is where things went from bad to worse.

You have to move it back to the in bhox.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

> Hi Laz,

> That's what made it so weird!  I marked the message as, Not Spam, then

> deleted it.  But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam

> folder,.

> I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it

> without having to move it to my In-box.

> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

> I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to

> please

> everybody.

You need to work with the web site itself and tell GMail that every message you don't want put in the spam folder is not spam. As I recall, you don't work with the web site.

I never had a lot of messages improperly classified as spam but I have greatly reduced the number of misqqualifications over time.

[...]

I started doing that in the beginning of when I had gmail, but I stopped, because it didn’t make any difference: just more work for me.  Before I had gmail, I had only a handful of messages in the spam folder.  Pam.

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 2:22 PM

When I find messages in my spam folder, I move them to the inbox. I very rarely see spam messages now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

When you deleted that message is where things went from bad to worse.

You have to move it back to the in bhox.

Laz

On 7/15/20, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

> Hi Laz,

> That's what made it so weird!  I marked the message as, Not Spam, then

> deleted it.  But, in thinking back I didn't remove it from the Spam

> folder,.

> I thought that once it had been marked as, not spam, I could delete it

> without having to move it to my In-box.

> Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

> I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to

> please

> everybody.

Then you didn't do it long enough. You won't notice effects immediately. Over time, a dramatic difference will occur.